Java Developer - Perm - Oxford
Posted on May 1, 2020 by McCabe & Barton
We are partnered with a technology start-up, who have developed an industry leading, customer-centric, solution which has sought heavy investment from some big technology players in the market.
We are looking for skilled Java developers to work as part of a team with experts in AI, static and dynamic program analysis, and software verification. This is a great opportunity for a Java expert to learn new AI and program synthesis techniques.
You will understand the technology and principles that underpin modern Java applications and has a passion for delivering value to customers in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment. You will be expected to readily empathise with customers using environments such as the Spring Framework as well as understanding the internals of how these systems are put together. You will also have a passion for testing and best-practice software delivery.
- Design and build complex Core Java software in an Agile environment, using industry best practices
- Participate in code reviews, pull-request development, pair programming and test development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team's objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognising that customer outcomes are always king
We are looking for people who have:
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency in the Spring Framework an the core concepts of Spring testing
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges