Digital Transformation Lead
Posted on Apr 30, 2020 by Boss Professional Services
Our Consultancy has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role in existing ones expanded. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking to strengthen our Digital Transformation team by employing a consulting specialist with excellent digital and architecture skills.
While primarily a delivery role, you will also be key to growing our business in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. You will need to be engaging and able to position our consultancy with new and existing clients through your consultancy experience and networking skills. You will already have a good network and have experience in business growth through consultancy-led selling.
The role will be based in Ireland, although there may be opportunities to work in the UK requiring you to be flexible regarding travel.
Our Consultancy are looking for talented digital transformation professionals to grow our business in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. We have a number of fulfilling and interesting senior roles at our clients within public sector, utilities, financial services, and many others across the UK and Ireland. These roles require travel to client sites, predominantly in Ireland, and occasionally in the UK, to support client engagements.
As we expand to meet increased demand for our services, we are currently looking for experienced consultants for our Digital Transformation practice, ideally with a broad range of business, data, and technical architecture skills.
- Advise clients on how to achieve their business objectives and be adaptable in the techniques you use
- Work with clients to build fit-for-purpose solutions often within complex organisations, including public sector services, with a focus on enterprise architecture across entirety of the organisation
- Report to the Head of Digital Transformation in developing services and positioning the consultancy in the Irish market
- Work closely with the Practice Lead for Ireland in business development activities, and use your own networks to realise new opportunities for the consultancy, as well as in the delivery of client work
- Provide subject matter expertise in the bid process, including the formulation of tender responses
- Support digital transformation and on-going change initiatives
- Promote the consultancy through attendance at networking events and conferences
- Networking and business development positioning
For this role we are looking for candidates with a broad cross-section of different market sectors, ideally with both public and private sector experience.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Quickly understand organisational drivers, strategies, and business needs and translate these into an enterprise architecture
- Consultancy Experience
- Communicate complex requirements in a way that they can be clearly understood by senior leadership and supply partners
- Develop visual representations of architectures for business and technical audiences
- Tailor enterprise architecture methodologies to meet the needs of an organisation to support their holistic business change
- Facilitate the creation of governing principles and policies to guide decision making
- Manage the full life cycle of an architecture, covering requirements gathering, modelling, and implementation
- Assure service designs, and reconcile solution architectures against an enterprise architecture
- Use formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and propose transformation of systems
- Analyse complex business and technology environments to identify critical deficiencies and set out clear recommendations for improvement
- Broad technology knowledge with an understanding of Legacy, current, and emerging technologies and market trends
- Commercial understanding of how to derive best value solutions with a sustainable whole life cycle cost
- Architecture experience - over 3 years as an enterprise architect with experience across the business, data, technology and security domains
You should also have the following desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of public sector digital and technology strategies
- Certified to an industry recognised architecture standard (eg TOGAF).
- Know when to use COTS products, licenced software products, bespoke developments, open source, and cloud, and how to take advantage of, and reuse, existing solutions
- Knowledge of change management, including programme and project delivery (eg PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile) with preference given to recognised certifications
- Knowledge of IT service management (eg ITIL) with preference given to recognised certifications
Successful candidates will also need:
- The ability to develop strategies to raise the consultancy's profile
- An understanding of the principles of consultancy-led selling techniques, and be able to realise new opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for projects
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals
- Adaptable to working in complex environments and able to reconcile varying stakeholder view.