Senior Business Modeller- Radience
Posted on Apr 30, 2020 by Boss Professional Services
Reporting to an assigned Project Manager, Scrum Master or Team Leader, the Senior Business Modeler is responsible for meeting commitments through individual performance and mentoring and assisting others. Being well versed in the HP IS product portfolio, coupled with in-depth knowledge of the wealth management industry, the Senior Business Modeler shares responsibility with the project team for the identification, recommendation and implementation of solutions designed to meet client commitments according to plan.
- Utilising knowledge of the life insurance industry, wealth management and product functionality to develop and maintain business models.
- Creating and executing test cases and XML test scripts.
- Coordinating activities or specified deliverables within a project life cycle.
- Providing leadership, direction and training to less experienced team members in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Mentoring RADIENCE developers according to established accreditation monitors.
- Collaborating with Business Architect, Technical Architect, Business Analysts, RADIENCE Modellers, ProductXpress Modellers and Testers to ensure all aspects of requirements are met.
- Responsible for quality assurance of output for self and team members..
- Contributing to the resolution of all system problems.
- Consulting with customers to define needs or problem areas, and determining scope of investigation required to recommend possible solutions in Change Control situations.
- Documenting as appropriate to the Project eg Release Notes, Technical Specifications, Peer Reviews
- Participates and contributes during sales studies in order to identify business needs with respect to RADIENCE.
- Developed expertise in Traditional and Non-Traditional Life, Annuity and Disability Income product concepts and their associated business processes.
- Working toward FLMI designation or equivalent.
- Experience with and a solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies: Agile; Waterfall; Iterative; and Hybrid.
- Experience in SCRUM Management processes
- Expert knowledge in systems development with particular focus on designing, developing and building business content:
- Business Datamodelling and process modelling (experience using Use Case, RSM/RSA or other modelling tools, UML concepts etc)
- Object Oriented modelling
- Debugging and version control knowledge.
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management System (eg for DB2, Oracle) and SQL queries
- Good knowledge of XML
- Awareness of interoperability standards eg ACORD for SOA environment
- Reasonable working knowledge of industry standard word processing, database and spreadsheet software (ie Microsoft Suite of Products)
- Understanding of technical architecture of RADIENCE, Product Xpress and Pathfinder applications with a focus on their integration within the customer's environment.
- Understanding of software development solutions such as Rational Rose and Rational Software Modeller/Rational Software Architect
- Minimum of 7 years life insurance/assurance/financial industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years in business Datamodelling and process modelling (experience using Use Case, XDE or other modelling tools, UML concepts etc)
- Minimum 5 years experience in estimating work effort.
- Software development experience involving policy administration systems, calculation engines and business rules engines.
- A university degree/college diploma or equivalent business experience.
- Experience working in a multiple project environment, having worked through the entire development life cycle.
- Experience in a Matrix reporting environment.
The ideal candidate must have experience with using Policy Administration Systems