Big Data Developer, Global Bank, Zurich
Posted on Apr 29, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client, a Global Bank who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Big Data Developer for an initial 12 month contract with a strong likelihood for extension to be based at their Zurich site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be able to work efficient and reliable under very challenging timelines
- Drive discussions constructively with subject matter experts and stakeholders even if the requirements are not complete or change over time
- Develop software components that meets business requirements and governance expectations in time
- Be able to provide robust solutions for the volumes of data the project is expected to process (especially scalability)
- Comply with policies and standards typical of a large organization
Essentials Skills and Qualifications for Senior Candidates:
- Proficiency in Python and PySpark
- Track record of working as a developer
- Experience of working with data platforms
- Experienced in analytics with focus on distributed computing
- High integrity, responsibility and confidentiality is a must for dealing with sensitive data
- Active member of the agile and design thinking approach
Essentials Skills and Qualifications for Junior Candidates
- Proficiency of Python and PySpark
- Studies in Quantitative Subjects
- Knowledge of analysing big data
If the candidate possesses knowledge of German language, this would be highly advantageous.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.