Data/Systems Integration Consultant - Education Sector - Max $57K - La
Posted on Apr 29, 2020 by Parham Consulting Ltd
REVISED: Data/Systems Integration Consultant - Education Sector - Max $57K - Lakeland, Florida
Salary: $53,000 - $57,000 plus good benefits package
Location: Lakeland, Florida
This software company helps those in higher education better engage with their students with the help of their software solutions. They now require someone with some Front End technical experience (see below) to fulfil a Data Integrations/Systems Integration role. You would be acting as the interface between the client and the technical staff of the supplier. There is huge potential here due to the prevalence of disparate manual systems in colleges that would benefit from automation.
The experience required for this role is as follows:
- Technical experience in APIs
- Technical experience in SQL, XML and JSON
- Commercial experience in Data Integration or Systems Integration projects
- Some exposure to, or at least an understanding of, Agile.
Please note: The above attributes are essential. You require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
This is a hybrid role, in that you would be liaising with the client about their functional requirements and conveying them to your development staff as technical requirements, almost like a classic business analyst role. There is an element of project management here as well to ensure that scope creep is avoided and the original specification is seen through to delivery.
This company has recognised the huge potential in the fact that colleges tend to have many disparate systems that are manually-driven and would benefit from automation: That's where they step in.
For you personally, career-wise, from this role there are four distinct areas you could move in to:
- If you want to stay in the integrations group, you would be promoted up to a senior level and have your own team for a specific SIS.
- If you have a technical background, you could transition into the engineering side, become a developer and write the code for their software, or for the plug-ins for their integrations.
- If you are more inclined to client-facing interactions, then you could become a product manager for one of their products.
- You could move to the client services side and become an advocate between anything new coming out in the industry and what they have currently: A technologist for feedback.
Why come here and do this though? What's the attraction?
Because this company fills a gap in higher education, so if you are in higher education and want to further your career, this is an excellent stepping stone or entry point to gain access to that kind of environment.
There is a lot of systems integration to be done here, you will never be bored! Every environment is different, so if you want a challenge, you will find it here!
To quote their VP of Human Resources: Why I came to work here was a noble purpose. We are helping students to graduate in a decent amount of time and not assume tons of debt. Work for something that was really noble. We're really helping the institutions help the next generation get through school in a really positive, efficient way.
So if they want to be working with really challenging, neat things and be doing something noble, I think we provide that.