Equity Derivatives IT Front Office Support Analyst
Posted on Apr 29, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
The candidate will be part of Equity Derivatives IT Support Zurich team, which is responsible to provide Application Support service in the areas of risk management, and Front Office tools support (mostly in-house applications for a leading investment bank).
- The team provides application support to Equities, Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income desks and other stakeholders in the areas of risk management and analytics.
- Maintain application through releases, config changes, and generate MIS reports.
- Handling service requests; Incident Management; Problem Management and routine tasks.
- Provide periodic weekend coverage to support application releases, ad-hoc tasks such as DR testing and other BAU requests including public holidays.
- Work with teams in multiple geographic locations and time zones. Attend calls and escalations, as and when required.
- Stakeholders: Front Office traders, Product Controllers, Market Risk & Scenarios teams, Platform owners, Analytics team, Middle Office/Back Office teams, Front Office Tools team, and other Stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of financial products specifically Flow & Exotic Equity Derivative products and fair knowledge of their valuation & risk profiles.
- Understanding of trade life cycle, Option Greeks.
- Required: Hands on experience of supporting Sungard-Front Arena suite of applications
- Technical: Strong knowledge of UNIX, SQL, Messaging services, FIX messaging, etc
- Strong knowledge of SNOW-ServiceNow modules, Splunk, ITRS Geneos, GIT, SVN, etc
- Understanding of different exchanges and its working.
- Ideally, exposure to Risk Management Systems for similar businesses
- Desirable: Some financial qualification eg MBA/CFA/FRM
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills required
- Overall a 70:30 mix of IT and Finance skills.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly ( (see below) ).