System Engineer Linux Deployment - AWS
Posted on Apr 29, 2020 by Consol Partners
System Deployment Linux Engineers - AWS
A leading technology business
- Support and lead engineers working on Mobile Services deployment, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of systems
- Administer, maintain, and automate systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Monitor and debug issues across the Mobile Service (applications, networks, databases), provide technical resolutions and root cause analysis for high severity incidents
- Work closely with Software R&D teams to design, deploy, and operate components/services that are automated, resilient, and scalable
- Develop and deliver timely reports on service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems
- Continuously improve System Engineering operations (eg automate routine tasks, document new procedures etc.). Set standards for deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability and scalability.
- Ad-hoc on-call support may be required (1 week per 2 months on average or less).
- Manage and grow existing team of System Engineering experts. Build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
- Work closely with System Engineering Director and dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications or equivalent experience related to Information Technology, with at least 3+ years' experience as an Internet distributed Systems Engineer or SRE managing a SaaS/PaaS environment (eg AWS basis application)
- Deep experience managing Linux and/or databases (eg MySQL)
- Experience in network technologies (eg TCP/IP, Ethernet, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, WAN routing)
- Solid understanding of incident management, change management, and problem management
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Experience configuring and deploying VMs and Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
- Scripting language knowledge (eg Bash or Python);
- Experience working with Ansible or similar automation tools
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat basis application maintenance.
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the Internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.