Hitachi Storage Engineer
Posted on Apr 29, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Hitachi Storage Engineer with good Linux platform experience. Candidate will engineer, and support all storage technologies in order to ensure we deliver the most cost effective, consistent, resilient, secure, scalable and supportable designs and implementations for the business and our customers
- Candidate should be aware to mentioned storage infrastructure hardware and software's and should be able to take required steps to fix those problems/alerts
- Monitor enterprise operations, system configurations, utilization to maintain optimum health and performance across all storage infrastructure and backup Servers.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all storage infrastructure and backup Servers.
- Should be aware to do storage configuration/allocation/Reclamation based on best practices
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support storage infrastructure and backup server operations and administration.
- Provide senior level engineering design support to provide enterprise- level data exchange solutions using physical and virtual server hosting, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions
- Expert of Hitachi Storage Systems.
- Required Skills
OS - Hands-on experience on Unix, Linux, and Windows
- Review effectiveness for industry standing, feature availability, and meeting requirements.
- Expert knowledge on Hitachi Storage-VSP, VSP G600, AMS Series, USPV, USPVM, HUS Series
- Hands-on experience on HCS, SNM2, HDLM, HGLM.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electronic Communication or Relevant Field.
- Good knowledge and understanding of SAN (Brocade/Cisco), Zoning, Fabric Manager, BNA Tool, Command line
- Certifications on Hitachi, NetApp and lTIL V3 preferred.