Software Development Analyst
Posted on Apr 28, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Software Development analyst. This role is revolved around designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining a large scale custom developed business applications. This will be a full stack Java development position. They are looking for someone who has experience with developing web-based applications using JBoss Application Server in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment. For this role you will need experience with integrated development environments Eclipse and Maven, also need solid experience with core Java technologies and concepts.
- Contribute to all phases of the application development life cycle, including analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with Company business units to define requirements for business engagements.
- Work with the project team and the appropriate stakeholders to convert business requirements to written technical specifications that adhere to the Company's architectural guidelines and industry best practices.
- Design solutions that meet the needs of multiple business units at the Company and within the Company system.
- Complete assigned coding and testing tasks within the specified time frame in order to keep business initiatives on schedule.
- Support application end users by addressing and resolving application-related problems and issues in a timely and cordial manner.
- Develop and maintain application support and end user documentation.
- Support the Company's diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing applications in a professional software development (team) environment.
- Experience developing web-based applications using JBoss Application Server in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Experience in the following is required:
- Integrated Development Environments: Eclipse and Maven;
- Solid experience with core Java technologies and concepts;
- Knowledge of multi-tier web application development using standard presentation layer technologies; and
- Understanding of source code management principles in a team environment.
- Experience in the following is preferred:
- Source control system: Subversion;
- Expertise in developing web applications using presentation layer frameworks such as Apache Struts and Java Server Faces;
- Knowledge of component libraries for Java Server Faces;
- Advanced SQL skills (Sybase preferred);
- Appeon PowerBuilder;
- Working knowledge of financial services and mortgage industries, including related rules and regulations;
- Adobe ColdFusion development; and
- Ability to develop UNIX or RHEL-based scripts.