Middleware Technical Team Lead
Posted on Apr 28, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Middleware Technical Team Lead. This person will be a well-rounded and broad Middleware expert that can understand Middleware technologies and be able to oversee and lead others. They will oversee all the Middleware projects at this company and must have 3+ years of leading teams/projects. This person is expected to be an expert with knowledge of JBoss EAP, Tomcat, JVM, and Apache configuration and integration. This role will be expected to have expert knowledge of Scripting languages like Perl, bash, sh, and csh. This role will require hands on experience in Application Server migration and upgrade projects that work with JBoss EAP, Tomcat, and Apache. This person needs experience with being in a RHEL environment.
- Leading changes and improvements to OF business services through a mix of application, Middleware, and engineering activities.
- Identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for OF platform upgrade and migration efforts by reviewing release notes, hands-on analysis, and intra-division collaboration.
- Developing and documenting detailed implementation plans and estimates for computing platform intiatives.
- Hands-on engineering in support of iniatives or to assist with production support as needed.
- Support the OFs diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for diverse vendors.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of development/engineering experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience leading techinal teams/individuals.
- Proven success in leading highly technical inviduals in the Middleware and Software Developer/Engineer and/or DevOps positions.
- Knowledge and working experience with JBoss EAP, Tomcat, RDBMS, and Apache.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Scripting languages such as Perl, bash, sh, and csh.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical concepts such as connection pooling, caching, transaction management, and threading.
- Hands-on experience in Application Server migration and upgrade projects specifically JBoss EAP, Tomcat, and Apache.
- Ability to read and translate technical release notes into project tasks and dependencies for upgrade and migration efforts.
- Working knowledge of Middleware support and engineering in a RHEL environment including RPM packaging and release management.
- Working knowledge of version control and software repository systems and tools specifically Subversion, Tortoise, and Nexus.
- Ability to initiate and complete work assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.