Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on Apr 28, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Cyber Security Engineer - Splunk SRE
For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Splunk SRE/Cyber Security Engineer for a six Month Project in Zurich, Switzerland.
Cyber Security Engineer - Splunk SRE
- Sector: Banking
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Workload: 100 %
- Duration: 6 months
- Desired Start Date: ASAP ideally
Project overview - Key Responsibilities:
The focus for the Splunk SRE is the development, management and administration of the Security Analytics Splunk Applications.
The candidate will work with the Cyber Security Analytics team, and will be mainly responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying applications for data collection, aggregation and analysis.
The Cyber Security Analytics Team is responsible for designing, engineering and implementing systems to rapidly process large volumes of data from many disparate sources, providing enhanced knowledge to bank security teams and risk functions.
The scope will vary from creating and modifying use-cases to updating the components of the Application. The Splunk SRE works closely with the Product Owner and other Stakeholders to provide support and assistance to the client (Risk Engineering team). The Splunk SRE will have excellent working relationships with other team members.
The Splunk SRE is responsible for working with the Analyst team at multiple levels in order to identify and align business and IT objectives, discover security or operational pain points, offer architecture recommendations, implement solutions, and recognize current and future IT security needs.
- Create test plans based on requirements
- Work with architects, engineers, and business analysts to ensure proposed technical solutions are compatible within the Credit Suisse environment
- Develop configuration code and scripts as necessary for integration with other components, to fill gaps in the solutions or to automate manual tasks
- Build and test solutions in a pre-production environment
- Document test results, designs, and operational manuals for the solutions
- Provide support to Production operations teams as necessary
- Ability to explain and document alert use-cases for all relevant components (alarms, watch-lists, reporting, and correlating data from multiple dissimilar log sources)
- Tune/Enhance existing alert framework and client custom framework
- Engage in knowledge sharing with other team members
- Provide major/minor component application support
- Conduct Health Checks and Regular Maintenance Tasks
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Splunk development experience (Splunk Admin certification level, SPL experience)
- Excellent understanding of Splunk architecture and components
- Experience integrating Splunk with third party applications
- Experience in dealing with non-technical users
- Minimum 6 years' experience in log management/data analytics
- Automation (systems management, monitoring and testing)
- User-facing process design and documentation
- College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills - English is a must, German a plus
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Leadership attitude and skills
Do you feel addressed by this vacancy? we look forward to receiving your application.