Posted on Apr 28, 2020 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Citrix Administrator's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Citrix Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Citrix Administrator will also provide leadership to peers.
Essential job functions, duties and responsibilities:
- Manage Servers including Citrix, e-mail, print, and backup Servers and their associated operating systems and software
- Implement and support Citrix XenApp multiple environments, 5/6/7 farms
- XenApp configuration, Xen Desktop, Provisioning Server, some hypervisor and management experience (VMware/Hyper-V)
- Administering Citrix provisioning Services (PVS) 7.x or later versions
- Implement and support Appsense (Ivanti) Environment Manager and Performance Manager
- Implement and support Group Policies
- Farm and Servers Reports/Maintenance
- Configure and support NetScaler and Access Gateway solutions to support scalable delivery of applications
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Ensure system connectivity of all Servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Check help desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets as appropriate.
- Create Shell Scripts as required.
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- BS in Computer Science - CCEE, CCIA certifications
- Strong technical knowledge of most versions of Citrix up to 7/15 (primary focus on XenApp) as well as NetScaler experience in a large Citrix farm environment (at least 200 Servers and multiple Silos)
- 5+ years technical knowledge installing operating systems, third party software installation, upgrades and maintenance
- 5+ years technical knowledge installing, configuring and documenting hardware implementations
- 5+ years troubleshooting software/application issues with operating systems or third party products
- 5+ years technical knowledge with security and system implementation following industry standards for Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, Citrix Storefront, Citrix Studio, Citrix Director, Citrix Provisioning Services, Netscaler Access Gateway, Netscaler Unified Gateway, UCS blades, Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Network, Storage, Cloud and Security platforms
- 7+ years technical knowledge of Client Server and Internet systems architectures
- Developed analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to take direction and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment