Ruby on Rails Developer
Posted on Apr 28, 2020 by ITech Consult
Mid-Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Our client is an award winning, fast paced, cutting edge software solutions, web and app development company based in Wicklow, Ireland.
They are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to develop scalable web applications and API's for clients from various sectors, providing interesting and challenging projects.
You will have an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in a progressive company. You will have the opportunity to mentor junior engineers and work together with them and the wider team developing exciting products that meet our client's customer's current & future needs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine passion for development and bring a drive for continuous improvement of their own skills as well as for their team and processes.
* Developing high quality scalable web applications.
* Focusing on delivering quality code, while shipping quality products.
* Working in a collaborative team, utilising a combination of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* Assist in the planning, scheduling, and tracking of projects.
* Passionate about learning new technologies.
* 4+ years' experience developing high quality scalable web applications.
* Proven track record in building applications in Ruby on Rails.
* Experienced with ReactJS and similar libraries and frameworks.
* Good understanding of PostgreSQL, PostGIS and overall database structures.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Experience in providing technical leadership.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
* Ability to take ownership of a project and lead from ideation, through to delivery, and on
* to support.
* Strong programming skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience with Technical Sales Support.
* Experience with deployments, architectures and development using Heroku. Wider knowledge of the Salesforce Ecosystem is a plus.
* Excellent scoping and time estimation ability.
Nice to Have(s):
* SASS, HAML, and responsive CSS knowledge would be highly beneficial.
* Experience working in an agency environment preferred, but not essential.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918889FK
Role: Ruby on Rails Developer
Location: Co. Wicklow
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent