Senior Network/Security Engineer
Posted on Apr 28, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Duties and Responsibilities
1..Lead planning, design, implementation, including managing of projects, and support activities to the server environment including Windows, Linux, Solaris, Active Directory, Exchange, and/or other server systems.
2..Provide LAN network support including troubleshooting/repair, installation, upgrades, monitoring, reporting, and performance tuning support to commercial developers, external customers, and internal operations for network and security related applications through internal staff and external suppliers.
3..Work closely with the security team to develop, implement, audit and/or enforce security policies and programs.
4..Continually research and recommend new technologies and best practices to the global organization.
5..Design and implement environments to meet requirements and objectives as established jointly with I/T and Global Technology organization.
6..Continually look for and recommend process improvement opportunities for implementation.
7..Predict system and network performance and anticipate growth and support requirements.
8..Maintain appropriate documentation and activity logs.
9..Perform physical network debugging (ie, cable breaks, cable anomalies) using network analysis tools.
10..Provide training and mentoring to other I/T associates on network and systems-related issues.
11..Coordinate efforts with all of global I/T to insure that the information assets of the Company and the commercial clients are protected at all times.
12..Participate as a networking engineering technical resource in the development of long range plans and initiatives to accomplish operational and development goals.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience, post graduate experience preferred. Related work experience and industry recognized certifications will be considered.
- Eight (8) or more years experience with overall computing architectures, WWW architectures, LAN/WAN networking, application design concepts and architectures, languages and tools across a wide spectrum of computing platforms and technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft or Unix operating systems; MCSE, Cisco, and other certifications preferred.
- Extensive experience working with commercial developers, internal developers, and customers on the deployment and support of network and security tools for internal and WWW or other external facing infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with Cisco and Nortel Routers and/or Switches, network policy management, wide area network design and support including frame, point-to-point, VPN, and dial up.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with networking protocols and services.
- Extensive experience with Firewall technologies, perimeter design and support, WWW service providers, and domain management.
- Excellent network design and engineering skills in a complex, multi-location, multi-protocol environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with clients, technical staff, and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving and consultative skills.
- Excellent planning, project management and implementation skills.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, sense of urgency, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to travel to remote company locations or for other business related needs as required.
- Ability to carry a mobile device and provide off hours support as required; ability to work rotating shifts outside of the 8-5, M-F eastern time periods as required.