NETWORK Specialist - 220-day initial +3x 1-years - Strasbourg - EU-age
Posted on Apr 27, 2020 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for two "Network Specialist(s)" in STRASBOURG to start from ASAP a 220-day contract for an international Org' client in Strasbourg with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability (initial 220 day contract from end of May, or more realistic from June 2020, where additional 660 days extensions are foreseen). Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment. A Security clearance will be required for this position, if you don't have a valid SC yet, we will guide you.
- Construct and maintain configurations for data networks, in particular on Cisco ACI/F5/checkpoint/Fortigate technologies
- Design, test and install network SW and HW on Cisco ACI/F5/checkpoint/Fortigate technologies
- Perform troubleshooting of network problems utilizing network analysers and/or sniffers and other troubleshooting tools such as iXIA and Flowmon
- Configure and implement network monitoring and management systems such as Nagios and Flowmon
- Implement and monitor network security such as Splunk
- Plan network capacity/estimate network utilisation using Flowmon
- Analyse current network SW and propose modifications and new SW according to best practice standards and procedures.
- Engage with vendors offering network related services and equipment.
- Advanced/In depth knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures related to Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
- Advanced/In depth knowledge of network configurations (software defined networking is considered a plus)
- Advanced/In depth knowledge of the domains of Internet-Protocol based Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) administration (Cisco), Firewall administration (checkpoint/fortigate)
- Advanced/In depth knowledge of Firewall/VPN/loadbalancer configuration and troubleshooting (Cisco, Stonegate, F5 products are a plus)
- Advanced/In depth knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting including but not limited to DNS, VLAN, IP routing, LAN, WAN, and Site to Site VPN
- Ability to perform network capacity planning
- Very good knowledge of network security and monitoring and management of network security devices
- Very good knowledge of encryption at network layer and encryption protocols (SSL/TLS, IPSEC, etc.), knowledge about Certes encryption technology is considered a plus
- In depth knowledge of the concepts related to load balancing, Firewalls, Switches (L2/L3), redundancy, IP Addressing
- In depth knowledge of network devices installation/deployment/backup and recovery of configuration
- Ability to understand/write/update/review documentation and technical specifications related to network
- In depth knowledge of network design, network capacity planning, network evolutions, network monitoring
- Ability to understand common network topologies as well as common cabling technologies and standards (fiber/copper, Ethernet, etc.)
- Network (Cisco Certified Network Professional/CCNP or equivalent) and IT Service Management/ITSM qualifications (IT Infrastructure Library/ITIL-ITILV3ISO/IEC 20000 or equivalent) would be advantageous
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in network infrastructures and network design
- Ability to actively participate in meetings, very good communication/presentation skills
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
This position requires "security clearance level: EU Secret". If the candidate doesn't have a Security Clearance (SC) yet, then he/she can start working, when presenting:
- A criminal record (from his/her home country), plus ID-card copy, and
- A prove that he/she has already started the proceed to obtain the SC.
Our company is holding a FSC Facility Security Clearance, so we are able to guide you through the PSC Personal Security Clearance process.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.