Software Developer - Full Stack, jQuery, Java, CSS, HTML, MySQL - Remo
Posted on Apr 24, 2020 by Elemental
Software Developer - Full Stack, jQuery, Java, CSS, HTML, MySQL
Location: Remote/Based at home (head office based in Derry, Northern Ireland)
- Full Stack Development
- Object Oriented thinking
- Relational database knowledge (MySQL, MariaDB)
- Experience with open source technologies (Apache Commons, etc)
- Experience in designing REST API & Micro Services
- Unix Systems Admin
- Working knowledge of the AWS cloud platform
- UNIX admin, Apache admin
- Agile Software Delivery
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Experience of running daily stand ups
- Experience of running sprints
- Rabbit MQ
- Spring Boot
- React JS
- Node JS
- App (iPhone/Android) development experience
- Experience with ElasticSearch would be very advantageous
- Experience of running sprints using Jira
- Innovation and Creative Problem Solving
About the role - What can you expect?
The Senior Software Development (SSD) position is a leadership role accountable for the successful execution of Elemental's software strategy. Managing a team of developers and IT specialists, the Senior Developer will work closely with the Elemental's co-founders, COO, Head of Products, Systems Analyst, and Systems Integrator partners in order to deliver software and IT services that meet user needs.
The SSD will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, software and IT architecture vision and leadership and all aspects of the development of the software.
- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for Elemental
- Lead and manage the Software Development Team to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of customers
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile framework across the team
- Work effectively with Head of Products to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
- Accountable for the on time and quality delivery of software development projects
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of internal and external IT support systems
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure
- Working closely with the Product Manager with the aim of meeting current and future user needs
- In conjunction with the Executive Team, define and maintain the IT technology strategy and infrastructure plan
- Research the external environment, and where appropriate identify and recommend external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for Elemental applications
- Articulating to colleagues, board of directors and user communities, the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges as agreed
- Collaborating with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company's products and internal services
- Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development team
Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning and monitoring of the Software Development and IT teams
Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the development team.
Staffing, Management & Resources
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development and IT teams are consistent with its business needs for providing quality in present and future services
- Establish clear organisational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountability and personal development for all Software Development staff in line with any anticipated growth
- Provide support for all staff in keeping with Elemental's Values. Policies and Procedures
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures
- Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Software teams and Elemental goals.
- Accountability for each transaction in terms of making the right decision and acknowledging when transactions need to be escalated to the senior line manager.
- Attend training and development opportunities as required and take responsibility for achieving objectives and own personal development.
About the company
A fast growing - tech for good SaaS company, with our head office based in Derry, with customers throughout the UK. We have a software designed to Connect, Refer, Engage and Measure Social Prescribing, we are part of improving the lives in both the public and private sector!
INTERESTED? If you think you've got what it takes and you're up for the challenge, please apply!