AWS Data Engineer
Posted on Apr 23, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
AWS Data Engineer - Permanent - The Hague
One of my clients is looking for an experienced AWS Data Engineer to join their organisation.
Do you want to work in the team that is building the next generation data platform? Do you want to work with the latest and greatest tech? Join our ever-expanding team as our first Data Engineer and help shape the future of our company.
As our Data Engineer you will play a key role in the Information Management team. The team's goal is to deliver new and/or improve products, features, and flow reliability for all our stakeholders regarding everything data. We need you to actually build it!
- Together with the cloud and data architects - design, build, and implement generic data extraction, preparation, and consumption-patterns for data from a variety of sources and/or stakeholders (downstream systems).
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and technology stakeholders.
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Clean, prepare, and structure data at scale for ingestion and consumption
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
- Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis and thereby proactively resolve any potential product- and/or operational issues (you build it, you own it!)
- Be the leading person on implementing new data & analytics solutions whilst maintaining close alignment with the corporate-strategy and enterprise-, platform-, and data-architectures.
- Craft and maintain documentation of all data & analytics initiatives.
- Together with the business analysts - be the linking pin between the team and our business stakeholders and truly get down to the bottom of things.
- Support and maintain the implemented solutions to ensure availability, compliant to the requirements set for this environment
Must haves for the role:
- Perseverance, drive and a deep feeling of ownership
- Strong problem solving and analytical mindset
- Strong understanding of data structures and filetypes such as Avro, Parquet, Json, CSV, TSV
- Strong understanding of Datamodelling (Imnon, Kimball, Data Vault, Anchor Modeling, big data)
- Strong understanding of solution- and technical-design and -architectures
- Strong understanding of automation frameworks based on metadata
- A solid understanding and experience of the principles and operations of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background and record in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party system
- Strong understanding of engineering complex data solutions end 2 end in large organizations.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks and have moderate experience with them (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Scala, Bash, Apache Beam)
- Experience with Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse and AWS S3
- Experience with relational SQL languages (all dialects)
- Experience with programming languages such as C#, Python (pre)
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related engineering processes
- Experience with workflow scheduling tools
- Basic cloud certification such as "AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner"/"Microsoft Azure Certified Azure Fundamentals"
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence),
Nice to haves for the role:
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches (Infrastructure as Code), using tools such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, Packer etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of security best practices in cloud
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of Docker-containers
- Experience in automated testing
For top talent we offer a highly competitive salary and a number of other benefits:
- 13 month salary
- Bonus programme
- 8% holiday allowance
- Mobile & Laptop
- More benefits discussed upon offer
- Friendly work culture
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities