Telecom Network Designer - Copper/Fibre, AutoCAD
Posted on Apr 22, 2020 by Empiric Solutions
Network Designer - Telecom Copper/Fibre, AutoCAD
Duration: 6 - 12 Months contract
Start date: May or June 2020
Location: 9 location's across Belgium regions
Great opportunity for a Telecom Network Designer to join a leading Telco client based in Belgium for a long term project.
- Responsible for understanding different incoming triggers and preparing network (copper/fiber) design by applying correct design rules which fit the requirements
- Co-ordinating with High-level design teams to understand the requirement.
- Co-ordinating with field partners to provide clarifications in prepared design or get clarifications in case of any changes to be accommodated in the design. Co-ordinate and adhere to approval process for exceptions.
- Responsible for committing the baseline version, checking the inventory updates, and co-ordinating with operation teams for any failures.
- Responsible for giving necessary support to the team at onsite and offshore. Train them in case required.
Must have skills
- Must be good at reading Copper and Fiber network plans and able to communicate/interface with other design professionals and regulatory personnel.
- Design the network layout using a different application (AutoCAD, Intergraph, Spacialnet, small world, ArcGIS MapInfo, or any other GIS tool). AutoCAD & Intergraph is preferable.
- Experience of last-mile fiber/copper access network and network elements/equipment
- Good understanding of telecom processes in network designing and maintenance of fiber/copper network
- Basic understanding of telecom technologies such as FTTx, VDSL, Copper, GPON etc
- Design copper distribution and feeding network. Copper connectivity design to Central office, new zoning, and brownfield.
- Design fiber distribution for FTTH network deployments
- Experience in assessing the right design rule and application of the same.
- Experience with public work systems (Govt/Communes) and Utility companies plan to find synergies in planning and design.
- Will be able to utilize facility analysis process to select areas for rehabilitation, coordinate fieldwork, preparation of work order drawings and documentation updating work order records in an accurate and timely manner
- Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder.
- Knowledge of E2E process of planning, engineering, and construction.
- Willing to travel to different Network regions with Belgium
Nice to have
- Copper and Fiber Network Design knowledge
- Experience working in onsite/offshore model
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.