IMS and Packet Core Optimization Engineer
Posted on Apr 21, 2020 by Link Consulting
- IMS Engineer is responsible for providing advanced technical solutions for the end-to-end voice, video messaging and IMS services for Customers.
- High Technical competence in IMS and Packet Core nodes (the main node are MTAS, SBG, CSCF, BGF, MRF, MGC, MGw, SGSN-MME, SGW/PGW-C/U, UPF, DNS)
- Monitor IMS &EPC KPI performance and provide recommendations for further improvement.
- Triage the call flow issue as they are reported with preliminary analysis and assign to appropriate node owners.
- Login to Ericsson Core element and perform root cause analysis
- Identifying triage performance issues in complex multi-vendor environment with an efficient top-down approach to situational analysis, problem identification, service troubleshooting and resolution.
- Proactively monitoring traffic with contextual Session Analysis and Packet Analysis before they become service impacting or user affecting events
- Considerable understanding of Routing and Switching
- Knowledge of testing tools such as NetScout, Ericsson Network Manager (ENM), xSight,wireshark.
- Work with Internal Amdocs product team to support in building Triage Core module.
- The position requires good technical and analytical competency, as well as effective interpersonal and communication with cross-functional teams.
- Data Analytics skills (MySQL, Excel, Tableau)
- Designing, trouble-shooting Ericsson Core Network platforms and applications that provide Voice/Data/IMS services.
- Provide daily and weekly status updates of deliverables, open issues, issues resolved, accomplishments, and challenges.
- Experience with SIP protocol and IMS based services is necessary.
- Experience with designing end-to-end solutions/system for services and features including signaling protocols (eg, SIP), interfaces and associated complete system behaviors
- Good experience in Capacity planning & proactive troubleshooting of capacity issues (IMS &Packet Core).
- Good experience in Open stack and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization).
- Hardcore IMS & VoLTE troubleshooting
- Analyze and debug IMS registration-deregistration, VoLTE/VoWiFi/Call failures/Conferencing/Emergency call/SMS and other similar UE procedure.
- Experience in analysis of KPI & Drive test log file for Core related cases.
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Language skills: Languages mandatory Spanish and English
- Values and behaviors: Pro-active and able to work under pressure.
- Developed skills in Interpersonal communication
- Develop the Guidelines for IMS and EPC optimization failure cases.
- Developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge, experiences and skills to create a learning culture.
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual who has a strong passion for technology
Nice to have skills:
- Experience creating automation test scripts in Python (preferred), TCL, Perl, etc.
- Education: BS/MS Degree in EE or CS ..
- 5+ years experiences in Ericsson IMS/Packet Core/Cloud/vIMS domain