Object Storage Engineer
Posted on Mar 27, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Object Storage Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Looking for a candidate with design code, create, automate, storage solutions object storage platforms. Must have SAN NAS, Cloud computing, AWS and Azure. Any AWS S3 is a huge plus.
- Enterprise storage management and administration
- Automation of storage administration and management as needed.
- Protect enterprise storage against security vulnerabilities and attacks
- Management of storage platforms/resources which include Scality and NetApp,
Design/create/automate storage solutions to meet business unit requirements. Responsible for life cycle management of object storage platforms. Introduce and deploy new storage capabilities through the introduction and deployment of new technologies. Develop and deploy storage automation to improve service delivery. Represent the storage teams in collaborative efforts and projects with internal clients and other infrastructure teams. Maintain a relationship with storage vendors and stay abreast of their latest technology offerings and recommend new capabilities that provide value to Company. Establish, implement, and perform storage management functions that ensure the resiliency, maintainability, and security of the storage infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of object storage principles and constructs (S3 Experience Highly Preferrred)
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS storage technologies
- Knowledge and experience with the AWS S3 protocol and IAM policies
- Knowledge of core object storage administration and management concepts such as geographically dispersed data protection, erasure coding, and REST API
- Understanding of IP Networking principles including load balancing and Firewalls
- RHEL administration and patching
- Knowledge of Python Scripting, Jenkins, and GitHub
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with the Scality object storage platform
- Cloud Computing and Storage technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Docker Container fundamentals
- Broad understanding of NAS protocols: NFS and CIFS, management and administration.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware ESX, VMware vSAN, RHEL, and Windows Server.
- Familiar with NetApp's OnCommand suite of management utilities (OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Unified Manager)
- Experience with addressing vulnerabilities in storage protocols and storage platforms.
- Experience with ServiceNow