English to Dutch Translator
Posted on Mar 27, 2020 by Centric People
Job title: Translator - English to Dutch
Location: Cambridge, UK or Berlin, Germany
Contract type: Permanent
Benefits: Annual leave 20 days (after 2 years: 22; after 4 years: 24) + 8 days bank holidays
Our client has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a Global Top 10 Localization Provider. They've built an in-house production model for the world's most demanding companies.
They are a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over thirty nationalities represented in its eighteen offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than work. They have activities ranging from summer paint-ball to cookery contests; book exchange to film watching, taking place across all our thirteen countries.
Their global client list currently counts more than 1000 companies and covers a number of sectors and a variety of projects.
Their lovely Dutch team is looking for a new colleague: a dedicated translation professional, an all-rounder who can competently handle a variety of linguistic tasks: translating user interfaces, error messages, Help desk materials, product descriptions, web-content, press releases and subtitles for videos. If you have copywriting talent as well, you might be writing blogs for our clients, not just translate them! Successful candidates will be passionate about translating, have good time management skills, be curious and interested in IT, technology - and the world!
- Translate a variety of text types and subject matters
- Review, post-edit machine-produced translations
- Terminology research
- Create and maintain translation memories
- Create and maintain style guides
- Occasional meetings with client contacts
- Occasional visits to clients for product demos, briefings ...
- Dutch at native level, cultural awareness
- Translation qualification and min. 2 years experience
- Willingness to learn new things and to go the extra mile
- Ability to review work of others, edit and provide feedback
- Ability to work under pressure without impacting quality
- Good time management, versatility
- Professional approach and commitment to quality
- Able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Good eye for detail and ability to pay attention to multiple references
- Familiar with MemoQ and Trados, Smartling
- Ability to translate/transcreate marketing-type messages
- Experience translating for the E-commerce and finance sector
- Optional: Ability to translate also into Flemish
- Optional: Ability to translate from another source language (DE, FR)
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, then apply today!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £43k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual