Posted on Mar 27, 2020 by North Coast Container
If you are looking for an innovative and sustainable company that is committed to continuous improvement at every level of the company, then North Coast Container is the company for you.
We are currently looking for a General Laborer for our location in Cleveland, Ohio.
If you enjoy the challenges of keeping equipment running, are creative in problem-solving and recognize that each day brings a new and different opportunity to improve the production process then this position is for you.
We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people that bring skills and passion to a constantly evolving manufacturing and reconditioning environment. We have 7 facilities in Oregon, California, North Carolina, and Ohio that supply new steel drums, reconditioned steel drums, reconditioned IBCs, plastic drums, and recycled plastic. We are a family owned company that takes pride in being the preferred supplier to our customers by providing the best quality, value, and service while leading in sustainability and safety.
The General Labor will support the plant by manufacturing the highest quality 55-gallon steel drums. Ensure a high-quality product, by keeping work sites clean; maintaining supplies and materials; performing steps in work processes and learning various machines maintaining records.
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Organizes work by checking work schedule.
- Prepares work site by obtaining and delivering equipment, tools, supplies, and materials as needed.
- Maintains clean and safe work site by removing scrap; sweeping; disposing of hazardous materials; following safety rules and procedures; wearing personal protective equipment.
- Maintains work supplies and materials by reading work orders; locating and verifying items in inventory; could be required to load items on trucks or pull-carts; moving items to site; unloading items.
- Supports work processes by inspecting, preparing, sorting, weighing, measuring, cutting, adding, trimming, and loading materials.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and on the job training.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for their work area accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform all work in a safe manner following company policies and OSHA regulations.
- Able to work Day or Afternoon shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed with short notice
- Able to work with little supervision
Other Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Inventory Control
- Will work with SteelPower Tools, Welding and Fabrication
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the above duties.
Required Education, Skill, Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Manufacturing Experience
- Steel experience preferred