Quality Control Supervisor
Posted on Mar 27, 2020 by North Coast Container
If you are looking for an innovative and sustainable company that is committed to continuous improvement at every level of the company, then North Coast Container is the company for you.
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Supervisor for our location in Cleveland, Ohio.
We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people bringing skills and passion to a constantly evolving manufacturing and reconditioning environment. We have 7 facilities in Oregon, California, North Carolina, and Ohio that supply new steel drums, reconditioned steel drums, reconditioned IBCs, plastic drums, and recycled plastic. We are a family owned company that takes pride in being the preferred supplier to our customers by providing the best quality, value, and service while leading in sustainability and safety.
The Quality Control Supervisor will assist the Director of Technical Group Services in production calculations, data entry, graphing, filing, compilation, distribution and verification of audits, graphs and specified charts, and production floor quality assurance. If you have prior experience and a desire to expand your career, we want to hear from you. Night shift position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct shop floor quality checks and adherence to ISO.
- Conduct and file results of the appropriate UN testing to meet DOT regulations.
- Review, entry, revision, deletion, distribution and retrieval of ISO documents.
- File and maintain daily process audits and production paperwork.
- Prepare the weekly Process Summary Report.
- Issue the weekly detailed scrap, reworks, and rejects reports
- Issue all ISO departmental indexes, document deletions and revision of all departments.
- Assist General Manager, Directors and Managers with special reports such as graphs, letters, charts, signs, etc., as directed by the Director of Technical Group Services.
- Copy and make available all forms frequently used in the plant.
- Assist with the resolutions of the internal and external ISO audits.
- File and maintain reports and audits.
- Update, maintain and distribute the Customer Manuals upon request.
- Issue all Training Verifications for new employees, new documents and document revisions.
- Update latest revision reports and meeting schedules.
- Conduct Quality portion of orientation training for new employees.
- May be assigned to assist production team with production related needs.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the above duties. The requirements below are representative of the conditions, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education, Skill, and Experience:
- High School Graduate OR GED
- Computer Literate in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Walking - for extended periods of time (frequent).
- Lifting - drums upto 55lbs (frequent).
- Sitting - for extended periods of time (infrequent).
- Speaking - expressing ideas and instructions (frequent).
- Listening - interpreting comments and instructions received (frequent).
- Office - controlled environment with data entry/typing (ergonomics).
- Plant Conditions - including some loud noise, heat, cold and atmospheric (fumes and vapors) conditions (frequent).
Job Type: Full-time
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$97.5k - $136k Annual