Velocix CDN Development Engineer
Posted on Mar 27, 2020 by ComTech Europe Limited
My client is looking for a Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration engineer, who will support them to meet the Velocix CDN deployment timelines.
- Documenting and organising expert training on High Level Design and Low Level Design of the Velocix CDN solution.
- Build and maintain a Velocix performance testing/validation platform based on Spirent CS100 load generator.
- You will create a framework for testing and validation of new software releases and new features on the Velocix CDN5.x.
- You will lead the testing and validation of new software/features.
- You will perform Velocix software release upgrades on delivery and Back End systems (UMS/I and eDA).
- You will increase the knowledge of the Support/Operation teams by writing detailed method and procedures of the release upgrades.
- Helicopter view on the CDN market with a strong technical background on Velocix CDN product.
- Proven track record in High and Low Level Designs on Velocix CDN with deep integration in existing Digital Right Management (DRM) and Back End systems.
- Expert in Velocix G2 rule setup/review to further optimise deployment and maintaining G2 ruleset to match the changing network and applications requirements.
You are skilled in the following technical domains:
- TV streaming:
- Expertise in Video Container as Base Media File Format, Transport Stream.
- Video delivery via UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP Video transport over MPEG transport stream, HTTP Live Streaming, MPEG-DASH.
- Natural interest in Television & media content streaming technologies Good understanding of Digital Rights Management.
- Interest and ability in experimenting new protocols Experience in OTT video delivery with thorough understanding of CDN working.
- TV Back End:
- Understanding of component such as Subscriber Management Systems, Content Management System, concept of Mediator and capability to understand Applications workflows.
- Understanding of Storage Architecture and experience with different connectors: NFS, FTP.
- ICT skills:
- Ability to understand and to develop basic script, knowledge of Bash, Python of similar Web tools.
- Experience with LAMP. Understanding with practical experience of datacentre environment including cloud computing foundations.
- Virtualization, Containerization, Platform as a service like OpenShift, knowledge of ICT standards/procedures/release management/technical activities.
- Network Skills: High-Level network knowledge with an experience in designing and ability to identify workflows.
- IP Unicast & Multicast protocols.
- Dynamic routing protocols as ISIS, BGP, OSPF.
- Network routing & configuration.
- Load balancing technologies (F5, Viprion).
- Network configuration based on NxOS IP & TCP services including DNS, HTTP workflows.
- Ability to document designs in Microsoft Visio is a plus.
Fluent English is a must, French or Dutch is optional but would be an asset.