Posted on Mar 27, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Data Architect - The Hague - Permanent
I am looking for a experienced Data Architect to join one of the largest pension and asset management companies in Holland.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Foundation in systems development: the data architect should understand the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques. The data architect is asked to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore must understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes.
- Depth in data modelling and database design: This is the core skill of the data architect, and the most requested in data architect job descriptions. The effective data architect is sound across all phases of data modelling, from conceptualization to database optimization. In his/her experience this skill extends to SQL development and perhaps database administration.
- Breadth in established and emerging data technologies: In addition to depth in established data management and reporting technologies, the data architect is either experienced or conversant in emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data. While not necessarily deep in all of these technologies, the data architect hopefully is experienced in one or more, and must understand them sufficiently to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them.
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture: When the data architect initiates, evaluates, and influences projects he or she does so from the perspective of the entire organization. The data architect maps the systems and interfaces used to manage data, sets standards for data management, analyzes current state and conceives desired future state, and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization: Five key characteristics, which point to the data architect's ability to operate politically in the organization:
- Well respected and influential
- Able to emphasize methodology, modelling, and governance
- Articulate, persuasive, and a good salesperson
- Technologically and politically neutral
For top talent we offer a highly competitive salary and a number of other benefits:
- Very attractive yearly salary
- Friendly work culture
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Apply Now to Avoid Disappointment!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€60 - €65 Hourly