Build Engineer - Stockholm, Sweden - Gaming
Posted on Mar 26, 2020 by TechNET IT Recruitment Limited
We are looking for a curious and super- talented Build & Configuration Engineer to discover new and exciting means to continue the success of our gaming partners.
The role is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Our partners provide financial support for relocation as well as VISA sponsorship
Salary to be discussed upon application
As a Build and Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have robust and efficient continuous builds for our teams, who build both games and systems for internal use. We are continuously improving our ways of working, and you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common development infrastructure.
The development teams each own and write their own build workflows but need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As an expert in build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration and rapid deployment, you will be their partner in choosing and using the right tool for the right job, working very closely with the studios, development teams and operations, while keeping in mind the big picture of how they do things in other locations.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. The envision that all source code ever produced by any team within the company should be available to anyone with just a simple command. The teams work in an agile development methodology and they value their fast- paced environment and flexible approach. The teams are allocated to different Business Units but belong to a common functional division - Development. They build their games in different technologies depending on the target platform. For browser games, they use HTML5 and for mobile games they use C++, C# and Lua. For Back End it's all Java.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working closely with development teams to design and implement shared build systems - we believe in a "DevOps" approach and work in a fast- paced, agile environment using Kanban or Scrum techniques
- Experience in Scripting languages like Python and Groovy
- Experience using build technologies such as CMake and Gradle
- Experience building and shipping cross- platform C++ code targeted for Linux backends and Android/iOS apps
- Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins
- Running automated tests and reporting on their results
- Branching and version control using multiple source control systems, eg. Git
- Planning repository organization and branch scheme
- Setting up monitoring and alerting systems to ensure that any issues in the development environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible
- Implementing information radiators and consistent notifications on broken builds or tests
- Automated deployment using tools like Puppet and Ansible
- Managing and maintaining Linux, Windows & Mac systems
- A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve our engineering systems
- A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, versioning and build systems