Lead Cyber Security Operations Engineer
Posted on Mar 26, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Lead Cybersecurity Operations Engineer
Salary: $160-180k + 2% target bonus
The key focus areas are Cloud Security, cloud automation, and data analytics, splunk. This is a person who can architect and engineer, has a deep understand of Unix Linux, windows infrastructure platform application storage network virtualization cloud mobile. All security to support infrastructure that runs all security products on AWS Azure cyber automation. As far as splunk, we are looking for someone who has deep experience in things like advanced splunk searching and reporting, creating advanced dashboards and visualizations in splunk or experience with splunk's IT service intelligence. It's not things like splunk enterprise or using splunk as a SIEM. Python a plus, azure, poweshell is a huge plus. They are leaning to Azure as their cloud provider.
This position is responsible for the planning, deployment and operations of enterprise information security solutions (such as authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, network and endpoint security) to address the current and emerging security needs of the business.
This role requires in depth knowledge of infrastructure and cloud technologies. The person will develop cutting edge cyber security automation capabilities for our upcoming cloud deployments. This person will also progress our analytics instrumentation and implementation.
The candidate should have a breadth of technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Security, Cloud Automation, Data Analytics, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned technology professional to branch into the cyber security field.
- Design, build, and operate cyber security controls for the enterprise.
- Act as the subject matter expert for one of more of the following areas - cloud security, cloud automation (AWS and Azure) and data analytics (Splunk)
- Apply ITIL or other technology management best practices to an enterprise cyber security platform.
- Engages with security specialists, enterprise architects and other functional area architects to ensure adequate enterprise security solutions are in place to sufficiently mitigate identified risks, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serve as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
- Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Develop strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance and thought leadership to other leaders in the information technology organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry. As needed, draft and negotiate professional services contracts, statements of work, and technology acquisition & support agreements.
- Continuously track and report the status of all development efforts through boardroom-quality visual communication deliverables.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- A widely-recognized cyber security technical certification such as GIAC or CISSP is a plus. Certifications in IT areas is strongly recommended.
- Minimum 8 years of combined hands-on IT and security architecture development and implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires expert knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security implementations and/or leading a team of technical resources. This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
- Minimum of two years of systems or application monitoring and logging experience. Experience with SPLUNK is highly recommended.