Project Management Office Consultant
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by NextLink Solutions
The electronic advance data (EAD) capture, transmission and compliance project is a Quality of Service Fund (QSF) project. The main objective of the project is to EAD-enable 74 designated operators across the globe that are currently sending international services but not transmitting ITMATT (ITeM-ATTribute) messages to the destination service operator. The project is scheduled to last 24 months, during which progress and monitoring reports are to be submitted to the QSF Board.
Once the methodology for EAD capture and transmission has been proven effective, the same methodology will be employed for the next phases of EAD capacity-building projects. The project is composed of three main work packages: development and enhancement of IT tools; system deployment training; and conformance assessment.
The Project Management office Consultant will support the implementation of the project through its life cycle, meet monitoring, control, and reporting requirements, and ensure progress towards the achievement of the project's goals.
The consultant's responsibilities will include:
- Continuous monitoring of progress against the project's key performance indicators
- Technical support for participating countries to determine and track individual needs
- Technical support for workshops, including evaluation surveys and result analysis
- Technical support for project implementation
- Weekly status reports to the project leader and monthly reports to the steering committee
- Assistance for the conformance programme on audit mission preparation and follow-up
- Monitoring and control of development and deployment of IT solutions in line with project schedule
The chosen consultant is expected to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- Excellent project management skills (PMI/Prince certification an advantage)
- 2-4 years' experience in the area of project management support/gathering business requirements/project management office for IT project development and/or deployment
- Experience in the deployment of IT systems (experience with .Net/IIS/SQL stack an advantage)
- Experience in international projects
- Availability to travel abroad
- Availability to work Full time and exclusively on this EAD project