Insurance - Reporting Accountant
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Amstelveen OR Brussels
Fixed Term Contract
For the Finance department, we are looking for an IFRS/BEGAAP reporting accountant in our office in Amstelveen or Brussels.
The role holder will be part of the financial control and reporting team based in Amstelveen/Brussels and will report directly into the Financial Control and Reporting manager.
The primary purpose of the role is to be a strong contributor to the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process which includes Group IFRS reporting, regulatory reporting under Belgium GAAP/Solvency II principles and compliance with the Group Internal Control Framework, including J-SOX.
Your function - key responsibilities
- Preparation and oversight of reporting instructions and associated timelines.
- Operating effective financial processes and audit controls for the entity and its European branches within the deadlines.
- Producing and analysing internal reporting to the Executive Committee, Audit Committee and Board, both on reporting segments and consolidated level.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual regulatory reporting and responses to ad-hoc questions from regulators.
- Identify changes in financial reporting requirements impacting MS AISE and contribute to solutions going forward in various reporting projects.
- Manage outputs and subsequent quality assurance over accuracy of financial results and reporting.
- Understand and maintain the company's Finance risk management framework consistent with the Group's risk management process.
Your profile - qualifications, skills and experience
- You have a bachelor or master degree in Finance or Business administration;
- You have strong working experience in a similar audit or reporting role with technical accounting knowledge (IFRS, Local GAAP). Or you may have worked for an international company involving consolidation activities. Experience in the insurance industry is desirable.
- You have a strong technical accounting knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
- You have good awareness of relevant regulatory requirements (Solvency II) is desirable
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, being fluent in French is desirable.
- You are a strong team player with good communication skills (as the team is split between different offices).
- You are willing to travel to other offices on occasion to team up with colleagues.