Java Senior Solution Engineer
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Java Senior Solution Engineer. This role is a Full time employed position based in Zürich Canton.
- Hold responsibility for the implementation in individual Software Development projects or System Integration projects.
- Make important implementation decisions & implement solutions with agile DevOps methodologies whilst in close cooperation with the customer & internal onsite & nearshore teams.
- Create solution concepts & effort estimates as the basis for commercial offers & remain available to advise the sales team.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the fields of Software Development & System Integration.
- Several years of Software Development experience including with Java 8 & JEE.
- Strong experience in Java APIs & frameworks (Spring/Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, Kafka etc.).
- Sound expertise with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Skilled & experienced with associated Tools including GIT, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Hands-on experience in modelling & implementing REST APIs.
- Highly accustomed to Agile Development Environments (eg Scrum, Kanban or SAFe).
- Experienced with DevOps methodologies such as continuous integration, continuous deployment & continuous delivery.
- Some experience with basic container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift).
- Ideally experienced in large SOA projects.
- Experience in coaching development teams (onsite & nearshore) is advantageous.
- Development experience with a cloud provider like Google, Azure or AWS is considered a plus.
- Completed University Degree in Business Informatics or Computer Science.
- Willingness to travel to support customers throughout Switzerland.
- Fluent English & German (spoken & written)
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.