Claims Handler - Bodily Injury
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Job Title: Claims Handler Bodily Injury
Role reports to: P&C Claims Manager
To work as a member of the Liability Claims Team ensuring settlement of valid Liability Bodily Injury claims at a reasonable cost as quickly as possible, in accordance with the Division's own service standards, DNB regulations and legal requirements.
- Key Result Areas/Responsibilities
- Claims Adjusting
- To adjust own portfolio of claims in accordance with agreed authority limits and in line with the company claims procedures.
- To ensure that claims presented, either by way of paper or electronic submission, are handled promptly, efficiently and within agreed service levels.
- To manage and adjust claims through to resolution, seeking creative solutions, drawing upon prior experience and completing 'gain gain' deals
- To appoint and monitor the use of claims service providers in accordance with the company's Claim policy. In addition to supply input into the procurement of service provider networks, including feedback as to provider service quality.
- To manage service providers, analysis and manage claims, ultimately developing a strategy for successful claim resolution.
- Liaise with brokers, co-insurers on claims related issues, including the coordination of claims management with the following market.
- To ensure that the claim records within the IT system(s) are accurate and up to date, in accordance with claims procedures. To provide input into development and enhancements to the system.
- Work in conjunction with Senior Claims Handlers, Claim Specialists, Claims Managers and representatives of the Underwriting teams to ensure smooth operation of business and effective communication is in place through all areas of the business.
- To control settlement negotiations, individually or in conjunction with (Senior) Claims Handler(s) and or other appointed representatives.
- To ensure that all avenues for recovery or subrogation are investigated evaluated and pursued during the lifespan of the claim
Responsible for providing the most effective and efficient claims service in terms of speed, customer care, quality control and cost. To work as part of the Liability Claims team ensuring service is delivered on time and to the highest standards, aiming to meet and exceed the expectations of both internal and external customers in all aspects of claims handling. To build and maintain client and broker relationships
Organization and prioritization of work
Required to organize and control his/her work in an efficient manner, in accordance with the procedures. To be able to prioritize work on a daily basis in line with the division's service standards and Regulations. To make maximum use of deployed claim systems, managing claim files to reduce claims cost.
Compliance, Regulatory and Legal
To maintain an up to date working knowledge of both the legal requirements governing the Liability market, ie: Civil Procedure Rules, relevant court decisions and the division's own service standards and policies including fraud indicators. Accountable for ensuring own knowledge meets current external regulatory requirements, ie: VNAB agreements and GBL
Whilst sustaining an up to date working knowledge in accordance with Service Standards, legal and regulatory requirements, the individual is required to maintain a good all round working claims knowledge to effectively resolve all Liability bodily injury claims. In particular softer skills should include negotiation, communication and relationship building skills.
All applicable administration and housekeeping duties to include external correspondence, post, scanning and structure of files relating to Liability bodily injury claims should be processed and recorded in both an accurate and timely manner to ensure the meeting of the department's business plan objectives, service standards and personal objectives.
To ensure all required correspondence is entered and recorded accurately and within set timescales onto the division's system.
Reporting and Auditing
Responsible for assisting the Claim Manager and the rest of the team in reporting and auditing duties in accordance with service standards on a monthly basis, to include:
- File audits
- Data accuracy
- This role would suit someone with up to around three years similar experience having gained bodily injury experience from a Broker House or Insurance Company
- Working knowledge of Liability case law
- Good all round Liability bodily injury claims knowledge
- Understanding of Co-insurance market
- Ideally have some underwriting market knowledge but this is desirable
- Work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Pro-active, solution driven and pragmatic
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Investigatory skills
- Relationship building
- Excellent customer service skills
- Mature approach with commercial awareness
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Be IT literate with fast, accurate data entry and processing skills
- The ability to multi-task with a flexible approach
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English