Casualty and Property Senior Underwriter
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Position: Senior Coverholder Underwriter -Property & Casualty
The Coverholder Underwriter is the primary go-to person on behalf of the Property and Casualty business units when it comes to developing and following up the Proxy portfolio. Not only in terms of results and sales, but also in areas such as data quality and conditions & clauses.
The Coverholder Underwriter performs these activities after coordination and on behalf of the different classes.
As Senior Coverholder Underwriter Non Fleet, you have frequent contact/coordination with:
* the person responsible for coverholders from the MT P&C NL;
* the Leading (Class) Underwriters and bespoke specialists from the different classes;
* the Digital team (Etrade)
* the Binder Authority Management team
* Product Management
* the Underwriters of the binders.
3. Tasks & responsibilities
* Active portfolio follow-up and implementation of the post-selection policy
* Periodic analysis of the portfolio at customer and segment level (eg SBI) using the data/MI reports in VRA + Discuss the results with the relevant Proxy
* Preparing the extension at binder level and in consultation with L © U and Sales conducting the extension negotiations Determining risk appetite/price &
* condition mix per binder and elaborating quotation requests (propositions), whether or not in consultation with L © U (will often be the case from the referral
* process in view of the EPI) and the relevant BCS segment specialist
* Taking care of improving the correctness and completeness of the data in VRA and forms (data quality)
* Ensure that the content of the SWO + appendices and Pool agreements with appendices are up-to-date, complete and correct in collaboration with BAM
* Go-to-person in case there are problems with regard to bordereaux (timeliness/incorrect content) + Signing of periodic premium bordereaux
* Follow up that approved invoices are timely and correctly booked by UW Support + responsible for correct EPI in core system
* Gaining insight into the applicable policy conditions and clauses per binder agreement
* Go-to-person for UM, Claims, BAM, Sales and Finance for matters at binder level.
* Coordinator/initiator of appointment of new Proxy offices is in consultation with BAM & Sales and with final approval from the MT.
* Initiation, follow-up and possible performance of Underwriting Audits.
4. The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
Responsible for a large book of business, ensuring that all underwriting processes are Embedded, optimized and monitored. Key areas of work include Strategy, Business Planning, Class Strategies and Reviews, Technical Pricing, UW Guidelines, Line Guides, Product development, UW Authorities, Portfolio management & acquisition, Underwriting & Re-underwriting, Relationship management, Development of knowledge, Personal & organization and Management Information.
5. Key Competencies:
Education & experience & required qualities
* Being fluent in Dutch is essential, and also having English language skills is desirable
* Minimum HBO level
* number of years of underwriting experience in a Proxy environment/preferably multiline
* familiar with Proxy applications such as VRA and Volmacht Beheer
* good knowledge of Excel and possibly other analysis tools
* Experience is multi-line insurance (property and casualty) is essential
* Having familiarity with the coverholder market is essential
* Person needs to be competent working with figures with strong data analyst capabilities
* Experience with negotiations and maintaining the good relationship with coverholders (yearly binder negotiations
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £70k Annual