English to Norwegian Translator
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Centric People
Job title Translator - English into NORWEGIAN language
Location Cambridge/UK or Copenhagen/DK or Berlin/DE
Contract type Permanent
Benefits Depending on location/employment contract
Our client has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a Global Top 10 Localization Provider. They've built an in-house production model for the world's most demanding companies.
Their Scandinavian team is looking for new colleagues: dedicated translation professionals, all-rounders who can competently handle a variety of linguistic tasks: translating user interfaces, error messages, Help desk materials, product descriptions, web-content, press releases and marketing messages into any of the Nordic languages. If you have copywriting talent as well, you might be writing blogs for our clients, not just translate them! Successful candidates will be passionate about translating, have good time management skills, be curious and interested in IT, technology - and the world!
- Translate a range of materials (one of the Nordic languages)
- Review, post-edit machine-produced translations
- Terminology research
- Create and maintain translation memories
- Create and maintain style guides
- Occasional meetings with client contacts
- Occasional visits to clients for product demos, briefings ...
- A Nordic language at native/fluent level, excellent linguistic skills
- Translation qualification or relevant experience
- Willingness to learn new things and to go the extra mile
- Ability to review work of others, edit and provide feedback
- Ability to work under pressure without impacting quality
- Good time management, versatility
- Professional approach and commitment to quality
- Able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Good eye for detail and ability to pay attention to multiple references
- Familiar with MemoQ, Trados, Smartling, ...
- Ability to translate/transcreate marketing-type messages
- Experience translating for the E-commerce and finance sector
- Optional: Ability to translate from another source language (DE, FR)
If you have the skills, apply today for immediate interview opportunities.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£26k - £28k Annual