Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Security Engineer. For this role this client is looking for someone with experience in one or more of the following areas in security; Applications, Network, Information, Cloud, Database, Platforms, and endpoints. This cybersecurity engineer will specialize in providing cybersecurity for enterprise platforms and plays an integral role in protecting the organization's data. Any experience with cloud security, Scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell), and securing container technologies are a big plus for this role.
- Ability to assess technology projects, initiatives, or strategic direction and serve as a collaborative and strategic cybersecurity partner in identifying complex, multi-faceted or new cybersecurity solutions required to support the desired goals.
- Provides expert advice into the conceptual and technical design/execution of the enterprise wide cybersecurity solutions. (Windows, UNIX, Network, Web, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Ability to manage internal cybersecurity-related projects including; documented scoping, assessments, milestones and key deliverables, timeline and reporting.
- Provide service-oriented and value add cybersecurity guidance across all Information Technology
- Manage and optimize existing cybersecurity tool investments, proactively assess, evaluate and provide guidance on effectiveness to Company's cybersecurity posture.
- Actively engage with Security Operations to assess overall data points being tracked, reported, and monitored and collaborate on better methods, metrics, data sources, or a combination thereof to increase effectiveness and value in security alerting and monitoring.
- Serve as the driver in our security posture visibility and alerting maturity through partnered and purposeful analysis efforts; drive maturity beyond alerts, incidents and tickets into proactive analysis.
- Provide support for escalated incidents; Perform root cause analysis for cybersecurity, availability failure, and direct the remediation of cybersecurity related causes.
- Full understanding of industry standard security frameworks such as ISO, NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA, PCI, CIS, HITRUST, or NIST CSF and how to confirm security alignment operationally and in consulting or solution engineering.
Education and Experience
- 1-4 years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 1+ years of experience in IT industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication capabilities
- Business acumen
- Cloud security including cloud native solutions, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Etc.
- Scripting technologies such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell
- Securing container technologies, platform hardening and incident response
- Operation Framework models such as DevOps, SecDevOps, SDLC, ITIL
- Cybersecurity practices around orchestration and automation technologies
- IoT (Internet of Things) secure deployment, protection and management
- Next-generation Firewalls and Web Application Firewalls
- Application security testing technologies such as IAST, DAST, RAST and SAST
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$60k - $90k Annual