Cognos/PowerBI Reporting Developer - Banking
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Salt
Cognos/PowerBI Reporting Developer - Banking Client - Brussels
Rate: €500 - €600 per day
Duration: 6 months initial contract
We are currently working with a Banking Client in Brussels who are looking to hire an exceptional Cognos/PowerBI Reporting Developer to join the Business Intelligence team.
The Business Intelligence team is in charge of the development of management, regulatory and client reports. The team is part of the Group Digital Capabilities division.
The key skill required to work in Business Intelligence is to be interested by both the business world and the IT world. For that reason, we are looking for a person with an IT background and a strong business interest.
Your role/what is expected: Cognos/PowerBI Reporting Developer - Banking Client - Brussels
- Refine the business requirements to understand the scope of Cognos or PowerBI reports
- Design and develop the framework based on the Data Warehouse House tables
- Create an easy to use reporting layer for the end user
- Develop the reports and dashboards requested by the users
- Define the scheduling requirements for the reports
- Ensure a full testing of the frameworks, the reports and the dashboards
- Prepare the deployments & installation instructions for the developments
- Support the users in their development and usage of the Cognos and Power BI reporting tools
The Cognos/PowerBI Reporting Developers main responsibilities will be to handle Business Intelligence developments; based on your in depth knowledge of both Business and Business Intelligence you will act as catalyst in order to identify pragmatic solutions.
You will identify the right balance between Cost and Quality/Completeness.
Your Profile: Cognos/PowerBI Reporting Developer - Banking Client - Brussels
- You have technical skills and a good business understanding/interest (Banking)
- You master IBM Cognos suite and have experience with Power BI.
- You have practical experience of several applications developed using these tools
- You also master the basics of dimensional modelling.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence methodology and agile development methods such as SCRUM is clearly an asset.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV.