Telecom Wireless Support Tech
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Under general supervision, operates and maintains radio and telecommunications equipment. Sends, receives, and relays both emergency and non-emergency communications. May assist in training new workers.
Job Summary: This position reports to the Office of Information Technology Service Delivery, reporting to the Telecommunications and Wireless Support manager.
Telecommunications Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
- Perform troubleshooting and service verification across different platforms.
- Issue recommendations to end users based on device troubleshooting and inspection according to warranty coverage and eligibility.
- The position will require basic to high complex technical support in the following areas:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in supporting and administering Cisco Webex and Polycom audio video collaboration platforms.
- Five (5) years of telecommunications experience to include Switches, Routers, Centrex systems, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP
- five (5) years of iOS experience utilizing VMware/Airwatch.
- Five (5) years of Project Management experience to include small to large scale projects.
- Will require good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with customers throughout the agency.
- Maintains a high level of productivity and have excellent organizational skills.
- College degree degree in telecommunications, electronic engineering, computer science, IT. or related field Required
- Experience in supporting and administering Cisco WebEx Required
- 5 Years Experience with Polycom audio video collaboration platforms.
- Required 5Years Telecommunications experience to include Switches, Routers, Centrex systems, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
- 5 Years iOS experience utilizing VMware/Airwatch.
- 5 YearsProject Management experience to include small to large scale projects.
- 5Years Mobile Device Management