Desktop Support Manager
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Cloudstream
My client, one of the UK's leading Retail Banks are currently recruiting for an experienced hands on Lead Desktop Engineer to manage Office 365/Workplace Technology environment.
You would be joining their CIO Team which takes care of all IT aspects of the Bank. You would be covering all areas, from Infrastructure & Architecture to Digital Transformation and Innovation.
Your responsibilities would cover Technology Operations and managing IT Suppliers, whilst also providing SME level support on Office 365, Windows, Citrix and VMWare.
The successful candidate will be a hands on Lead Desktop Engineer who has experience of:
- Acting as an escalation point for technical issues
- Managed 3rd party suppliers
- Hands on experience of building desktops, Windows 10 environments and virtualisation
- Taking responsibility of the resolution of significant incidents and problems, acting as an escalation point on technical issues if needed.
- Provide service and operational excellence in the field of Workplace Technology through the management of external suppliers and internal teams.
- Participate in the evaluation of Requests for Change to align services with business needs.
- Initiate and set up projects and programs for the team.
- Provide input to the Technical Design Authority, including drafting and submitting technical proposals.
- Expert knowledge in Windows 10, VMware, Citrix Xenapp/XenDesktop, SCCM and Group Policy
- Knowledge in conditional access InTune, Autopilot - Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop is a nice to have
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365 Platform and Services.
- Understanding of Microsoft licensing models
- Knowledge of Application packaging and delivery in Virtual and Physical environments.