Financial Reporting Manager
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for Financial Reporting Manager for 9-month contract.
Job title: Financial Reporting Manager
Duration: 01/04/2020 to 31/12/2020
Work location: Basel
* The Deputy Consolidation Lead is working closely with the FCRS Consolidation Lead to deliver the divisional month end closing in the FCRS system and to meet the internal and external financial reporting requirements.
* In order to ensure accurate and timely monthly actual consolidated figures the FCRS Consolidation Lead and the Deputy both work closely with the Head FCRS, Reporting leads, Group FRA, Technical Accounting and local affiliates.
* This includes reviewing the submitted financial data, develop and review of consolidation bookings, providing reporting guidance independently and answering to accounting queries. The resulting information is used for external and internal financial reporting purpose and business decision-making at Management levels in the organization.
Further responsibility include:
(a) Compliance with Group financial reporting requirements and supply financial information for official reporting purposes. This includes close collaboration with Division BPA and Group FRA to review external press release data
b) Monitor accuracy of reported data and ensure that Company Accounting and Reporting principles and policies are understood and adhered to by all Reporting Units.
The position participates in the design, test, decision-making and implementation of system enhancements as well as FCRS reporting changes, working together with Group Finance, IT, external consultants and ERP teams.
FCRS month end closing process:
* Timely collection of monthly reporting data from reporting units
* Prepare and perform global adjustment entries
* Monitor the intercompany reconciliation process and review
* Perform monthly consolidation of actual data at different shifted rate scenarios
* Work with the various FRA Ops C&R teams to complete the monthly financial results
* Timely and complete data submission to Group FRA
* Manage the systems internal controls in line with SOX and internal requirements
Reporting analysis and guidance:
* Work closely with local affiliates to ensure qualitative and timely reporting data
* Develop and perform FCRS related data quality reviews
* Perform FCRS reconciliation with published figures
* Assist local affiliates in special Accounting and Reporting areas (eg Training, Guidance)
* Interactions with Division and Group FRA, Division and Group BPA, Region FRA, Country FRA and NGSCs
System maintenance and update:
* Ensure the integrity, viability and accuracy of the divisional financial reporting processes and systems
* Maintain FCRS parameterization module
* Participates in the design, test, decision-making and implementation of FCRS system enhancements and reporting changes, including change management and communication
* Work with ERP teams on system or reporting changes
* Secure FCRS technical set up and reliable IT environment, coordinating with the appropriate IT support, external consultants and Group FRA
Participate in the following C&R processes:
* Preparations for quarterly balance sheet review
* Executing Reporting Review
* Perform regular data quality checks and trend analysis
Support the FRA Ops FC&C team in:
* Sharing best practice in reporting - revenue recognition/Stock in Trade/etc.
* Review of Account reconciliations and company level controls (CLC)
* Attending country FSR's
* Identifying and remediating reporting issues
- Participation in other relevant cross-functional projects (eg SAP-System changes, NPMR projects, Legal Entity Consolidation, M&A projects)
* University Degree, ideally in finance & accounting, economics, business administration or management information systems
* Fluent in English both written and spoken, other languages are a plus
* Relevant work experience of 2 to 4 years with strong background in:
o Financial Reporting & Accounting or Public Accounting
o Financial Reporting systems: experience acquired in global consolidation and evaluating reporting systems
* Excellent analytical ability
* Good understanding of Accounting & Reporting systems and processes
* Experience with ERP systems as well as relevant financial sub-systems (especially SAP)
* Ability to work in cross functional, in teams and in an international environment
MUST: flexibility to cover high workload during month end closure.
For further details please contact: