Cloud Solution Architect
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by HCL GB Ltd
HCL Technologies helps global enterprises reimagine their businesses in the digital age. Through innovative technology solutions built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management and Engineering Services, amongst others, we solve complex business problems for our clients. We are a next-generation' technology firm, driven by a unique Mode 1-2-3 strategy that not only acts as our roadmap for the future, but also a powerful model for any enterprise looking to thrive in this age of disruption.
HCL Technologies is currently investing in its Cloud Solutions Practice which is growing rapidly across the globe. Cloud Solution team is considered an elite and high-performance team across the company. As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Solution Architect' to join our Enterprise Cloud Architecture Solutions practice
The successful candidate will have skills w.r.t cloud solutioning, presales, consulting and client engagement and will have successful track record at least with two leading cloud service providers.
The primary objective of the role is to focus on achieving sales targets, either through acquisition of new business and/or through extension of scope within existing clients. Working closely with the Business Development Executives, sales teams and COEs, providing managed application, platforms and infrastructure services in the cloud opportunities.
- To work effectively with the key stakeholders across the Cloud Solutions practice and Business Development Executives (BDEs) within HCL Technologies to effectively lead the aligned pre-sales and consulting engagements to success
- To engage with CxO level stakeholders at prospective clients in advisory capacity to deliver high impact solution-shaping workshops
- Analyse customer business problems, elicit functional and non-functional requirements, and formulate actionable strategies to solve customer challenges by leveraging existing offerings or through the creation of new GTM offerings.
- Producing compelling value propositions and customer solutions, throughout the sales lifecycle, owning the Cloud Solutions elements of formal RFI/PQQ and client conversations/presentations as required
- Be fully mobile and support BDEs in client presentations and Meetings supporting the proposed technical solutions
- Working with the BDEs, contributing to sales and margin target achievements on assigned pipeline opportunities.
- Be at the forefront of technology discussions within the Managed Services, Cloud space and actively liaise with the Service Design and Management teams within the practice to contribute towards the successfully contract signature
- Actively feed new ideas and opportunities back to the GTM offering team to ensure team members are aware of the latest technology and its potential application.
- The ability to lead workshops and brain storming sessions designed to identify and plan high value strategic solutions.
- Ensuring HCL quality and efficiency practices are adhered too.
- Ensuring that responses achieve maximum level of re-use of standardised artefacts and offerings artefacts.
- Remain technology and market aware to ensure the production of relevant customer propositions and GTM offerings.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Solution Architect with a proven track record of winning business and guiding clients through the entire client acquisition process.
The typical skills set of Solution Architect:
- Requires 6-14 Years of experience in end to end pre-sales/solutions selling on high net worth deals and comes from hands on implementation background
- Experience in architecting solutions, ability to understand customer pain points, requirements and translate these into a winning solution approach, responding to RFPs for cloud management Outsourcing Services
- Strong client facing and communication skills and capable to independently think, conduct customer workshops articulate and comprehend customer pain points in technology and commercial areas for providing solutions.
- Hands-on Public cloud infrastructure design and deployment experience in enterprise organisations
- Excellent soft skills particularly in client expectation management.
- Ability to articulate to both technical/non-technical stakeholders for RFPs.
- Good knowledge towards cloud transformation and migration engagements.
- Excellent understanding of various cloud technologies- Azure and AWS
- Proven track record and accurate solutions estimations in
- Cloud infrastructure design - including network topology and security considerations
- Automation and Configuration management.
- Cloud consumption and economics
- Cloud Technology platforms
- Monitoring Solutions
- PaaS and Containers Solutions
- Application modernization is an added advantage
- Good networking, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP knowledge and security experience including high-level design
- Cloud certification is desirable - eg AWS/Azure/VMWare: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of AWS & Azure platform features and capabilities
- Networking & Security - VPC, Direct Connect, ELB Virtual Network, ExpressRoute, Traffic Manager, Load Balancer, DNS, VPN Gateway, Application Gateway, SG, ACLs, MFA etc
- Data & Storage (SQL Database, Document DB, Redis Cache, Storage: Blobs, Tables, Queues, Files and Disks) o Networking
- Identity & Access Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory B2B, Azure Active Directory Domain Services, Multi-Factor Authentication)
- Understanding of common application approaches and technologies (eg SOA, message queuing)
- Experience using AWS Cloud Formation or automated deployment/configuration tools (eg Chef/Puppet)
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, especially with senior level stakeholders
- Experienced in eliciting requirements from formal and informal documents and conversations
- Experience mapping RFI/PQQ requirements to Services, Solutions and Offerings
- Experience scoping, defining and commercialising value propositions
- Ability to collaborate across the business where required
- Be proficient in assessing options (eg risk, performance, cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive visualisations based upon assessment outputs.
Personal attributes we seek are:
- Strong team players who value the success of the team as highly as their own personal success
- People with a passion for delivering first class client services
- People who take pride in their work and their ability to add value to the client's business
- People who have achieved peer recognition in previous role
- People who can work, communicate and facilitate effectively at all levels of an organisation
- People who wish to deliver true value add yet retain a pragmatic approach.
- People who enjoy working in a team and relish the challenge of helping a new dynamic business grow
- People able to work under pressure and deal with (sometimes) conflicting priorities
- People who are efficient and supportive managers that strive to maintain team productivity through motivation and positive influences.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
€80k - €100k Annual