NFV/SDN Network Consultant
Posted on Mar 25, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
Perfect opportunity to contribute to the design, the implementation and the delivery of SDN/NFV technologies. There is also the opportunity to deliver both Pre-Sales and Post-Sales projects in this role.
Flint is looking to you to bring your experience and expertise in SDN to help expand our foundation of knowledge. We will supplement your SDN skills with a well-rounded and deep education in Juniper SDN technology and solutions.
You will have the opportunity to take part at all levels of the delivery process from design to deep hands-on work with SDN, Overlay and Underlay technologies.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Work in a consultative and operational manner to deliver SDN/NFV solutions into the Key customer's environment.
- Follow the Flint engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the Project Manager and/or the Service Manager.
- On-site delivery of services including the review or co-creation of high level and detailed design documentation, migration planning, product integration and acceptance, operations guidelines.
- Support product-focused or solution-focused troubleshooting efforts.
- Contribute to the definition and documentation of best practices.
- Play an active role in supporting the alignment between the Customer and Flint, by working closely with the Key Account sales team, the SDN Business Unit, the Flint Professional Services team
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge specifically Juniper Networks products.
- Provide regular feedback of product and services requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting, technical support and product management.
Technical Skills Needed
- Ideal - Contrail Networking (in combination with Canonical OpenStack), networking (IP Fabric based on QFX/MX), preferably VNFs (vFW, vEPC). Other OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Contrail Service Orchestration (other Orchestration), Ubuntu/RHEL, KVM (other) Hypervisors, Containers, Docker and other Juniper products including vMX, vSRX, vQFX, NFX. Knowledge of underlay/overlay and IP Networking and routing protocols.
- Essential - Linux, Scripting (eg Perl, Python), Network Monitoring and OSS/BSS/IT integration.
- Advantageous - VMware vCenter/NSX, MPLSoGRE, VXLAN, RESTful APIs, Icinga, Junos (awareness not expertise), SLAX/Junos Automation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler.
- 3-5 years of experience in delivering Systems into Telco and/or DC environments, and integration into OSS/BSS/IT in Service Providers and/or Enterprise customers.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- 2-3 years SDN/NFV related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer-facing/Consultative roles.
- Technical writing.
Role is inside IR35. Apply for immediate interviews. Flint is a supplier of services to the ICT Industry.