Front Office Software Engineer - London - Asset Management - £60-70K -
Posted on Mar 24, 2020 by Finshore Partners
One of our clients, a leading London based Asset Manager, are looking for a Front Office Software Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
First and foremost, the company is working towards a better future for their clients. They have entrusted us with their investments and our responsibility is to look after their capital. The purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations.
The company culture supports innovation. They value honest debate and the sharing of ideas. People are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
The role is to join part of a growing team in Front Office Investment Technology to provide both flexible and dynamic development skills. The role will best suit a full stack' developer who is likely to have experience across different industries although previous Asset Management will be an advantage. The role will be Embedded into a mixed agile team working closely with the business to deliver Investment products. In addition, the role would be enhanced by having a range of data related skills from design through to data surfacing techniques.
Investment Technology is responsible for the delivery of systems and applications in the Front Office and the full life cycle from Trading through to the Back Office. Whilst there is a strong preference to develop in-house in the Front Office, where there is differentiation in domains such as decision support, research and portfolio construction, we also integrate our solutions with vendor products where buying a commodity gives economies of scale.
This role is firmly focussed on Front Office development and requires a multiskilled developer with following profile:
- T-shaped technologist, working as part of a team that owns the technology product end to end whilst providing the depth in programming skills
- Experience working within a DevOps framework, using modern programming best practices and tools
- Ability to work as part of an Agile team
- Working with Architects and Product Owners to formulate development approach to the next development sprint
- Readily working in a continuous learning and improvement style to engage stakeholders and adopt fail/learn-fast approach to enable higher quality deliverables while progressing to a shared vision for the product
- Test driven development approach
- Able to multi-task. For example, supporting the developed systems and working methodically to build the quality into the product
Key Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years working with Object Orientated programming languages such as Java.
- Scripting knowledge in R/Shiny or Python would be an advantageous.
- Experience in implementing automated test-driven development approach using continuous build and integration tooling.
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies such as SQL, No SQL. Additionally, database design knowledge & ability to solve data problems using established techniques.
- UI skills like react or angular would be a useful addition.
- Versatile and able to adapt to new technologies and other tools as required for the role.
- Comfortable working with events and API constructs.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of data structures
- Knowledge of asset management business relating to Front Office process. In particular:
- Portfolio construction and management
- Portfolio risk and performance
- Portfolio backtesting and modelling
- Preferred candidate will be educated to BSc Honours Degree Level: 2:1 (or equivalent) in Software Engineering or similar
- Positive attitude to work and change