Procurement Consultant (Pharma)
Posted on Mar 24, 2020 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
We are currently supporting a leading pharmaceutical company in the area of Basel, in their search for an experienced Procurement Consultant.
The role is a full time role that requires onsite presence in Basel/Kaiseraugst.
A global Business Process and ERP Program have been initiated to globally harmonise business processes and systems. For the upcoming template design and subsequent pilot phases, we are looking for a Procurement Professional with relevant experience in the Life Science industry to support the process and solution design as well as Project organizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The role will be mainly responsible for aligning and consulting on process design as well as supporting overall project activities in the area of define/design and test
- Collaborate with functional (eg Finance or Procurement) and other IT teams to realize solutions for cross-functional areas
- Execute and/or support functional (exploratory and system) testing; coordinate testing activities, support defect resolution and support/coordinate user acceptance testing, deployment activities and data migration
- 5+ years of relevant procurement consulting experience in the Pharma industry, delivering IT solutions in transformational projects in the Operational Procurement
- 5+ years of relevant experience in global system implementation projects as a core team member is a must
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- Requires excellent problem solving and analytical skills to resolve a variety of routine and complex issues and to describe the business requirements accordingly
- Knowledge of process-based/cross-process IT systems (SAP ECC/S4 as well Ariba/Coupa/smart by GEP or non SAP Purchase-to-Pay solutions) for the relevant functional area
- Ability to analyze, design, describe and test IT solutions from an E2E business process understanding
- Strong business process knowledge and experience in the respective functional area
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and project management skills in classic as well as Agile ways of working
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering complex business process/organizational change
- Demonstrated knowledge of request to pay procurement processes, standards
- Demonstrated business improvement experience based on very good knowledge about Procurement business processes and the interdependencies to other business areas, interfaces as well as the master data framework
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of respective business processes in the functional area of Procurement, eg Request to pay, sourcing & contracting
- A strong track record in ensuring the delivery of business benefits from projects
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours to support global projects
- Experience working with cloud based P2P platforms will be an added advantage
- Strong communication skills, business level fluency in English both written and verbal
- University degree, with Business, IT or Life Sciences degree preferable
Are you ready for the next challenge in your career, then dont hesitate to send your application or contact me.