Mid-level Project Manager/Business Analyst - Higher Ed
Posted on Mar 24, 2020 by Schuback Search Associates
The Project Manager/Business Analyst is excited about bringing together and leading project teams focused on strategic projects improving and maturing how we use technology services to do the work of running the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience leading efforts to improve business processes using various enterprise technologies, will have hands on experience working with ERP/CRM systems, and will employ creative strategies to help clients understand, manage, and improve complex processes and systems. You will collaborate with business and technology teams as we seek to transform the enterprise systems used by the Institution in an expanding portfolio of programs offered online and on our campuses in the United States and Europe. If you are equally comfortable with managing strategic/complex projects and performing detailed analysis, as well as excited about joining a growing team of highly engaged professionals charged with helping to modernize, streamline, and standardize business processes and systems in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Manager/Business Analyst (PMBA) functions as project manager on projects and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring consistency with strategy, commitments and goals.
The PMBA functions as a business analyst, serving as a liaison between clients and technical areas to assess and develop requirements for standard end-user, business, and service needs and procedures. The PMBA plans and conducts preliminary studies of potential administrative applications and prepares project charters to reflect resources required to develop services that meet client needs. The PMBA also plays a role in performing quality assurance, systems testing, and user acceptance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all project activities ensuring all deliverables meet quality and performance objectives
- Serve as a liaison between client and technical areas to assess and develop end-user, business and service requirements
- Maintain a high level of communication with internal and external teams; providing clear, tactful, and complete directives, realistic deliverable deadlines and prompt feedback
- Work side-by-side with project and departmental team members in a hands-on capacity in order to ensure that all deliverables meet client expectations
- Perform business analysis, quality assurance, systems testing, and user acceptance activities
- Coach colleagues across the organization in project management and business analysis techniques
- Adhere to and promote institution principles
- Contribute to the refinement of internal best practices to ensure the delivery of high-quality services that meet the needs of the internal community
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree and relevant business process analysis and/or project management training and experience required
- 5-9 years experience effectively managing projects and/or services in support of business functions
- Project Management Professional (PMP), CSM (Certified Scrum Master), or CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification preferred
- Sound project management knowledge, skills and abilities with a variety of methodologies (waterfall, lean, agile) and business process tools (eg swim lane diagrams), and the flexibility to apply the best method to the needs of each project
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred but not required
- Experience with administrative business applications (eg ERP, CRM) required; Workday or Workday Student a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to understand the broad range of needs and various support requirements for delivering exemplary customer service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats as well as to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to operate independently and set priorities amongst multiple task assignments
- Excellent judgment and strategic skills for ensuring mutually positive outcomes, balancing internal priorities with client objectives
- Equally comfortable with detailed analysis and research as with 'big-picture' considerations and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, assignments, and projects
- Attention to detail, and ability to achieve results
- Proven ability to work & lead effectively in a highly diverse campus community
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.