Posted on Mar 24, 2020 by Babcox Media
Babcox Media Inc., an Akron, Ohio-based B2B print, digital and video media company with concentration in the automotive aftermarket, powersports, performance, collision, commercial fleet, engine building and tire industries, is seeking an entry-level Associate Editor for its print and digital properties.
The Associate Editor researches, writes and edits relevant information for his/her respective brand(s). This position is responsible for the production, quality and distribution of multimedia content, which could include print magazines, websites, e-newsletters, social media, videos, PushCrew notifications and podcasts. This position shares responsibility in the job of editing, proofreading and posting content, as well as curating, gathering and/or outsourcing content. This position may also provide general support to other editorial staff, sales personnel and management.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or similar.
- Experience with WordPress;
- Working knowledge in content optimization based on digital analytics across online and social media channels;
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP style.
- Positive interpersonal skills and professionalism;
- Strong interviewing skills required;
- Ability to contribute as a team player as well as work independently;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent attention to editorial detail;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Solid experience currently working with digital content and social media;
- Experience in video production is a plus;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines;
- Must be computer proficient: WordPress; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) for Mac;
- Video editing skills preferred;
- Automotive interest is highly recommended;
- Knowledge and experience in B2B helpful, but not required.
Babcox Media offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as a creative work environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and writing samples.