Senior Business Analyst
Posted on Mar 23, 2020 by Simpson Booth Ltd.
Simpson Booth are supporting a major IT business consultancy with the recruitment of two Business Analysts for a highly attractive contract at their end customer's office, based in the beautiful sunny coast of Alicante, Spain.
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a new beach-front lifestyle, working in a guaranteed long-term contract on an English-speaking project for a prestigious institution.
This is a 100% on-site, freelancer position with an initial duration of 1 year, and the likelihood of extension for a further 1-2 years beyond this initial period. You will be earning an attractive day rate in accordance to the cost of living in Spain of approximately €240 EUR per day, depending on experience. Typically, this rate renders around €55,000 per annum, based on 230 days of work per year.
Our Client's end customer is a major, highly established European institution, and you will be working from their new corporate office on the sunny beach front, playing a crucial role in the Analysis team to manage change and plan for the future in incorporating IT to support the organisation's needs.
Only those with a proven minimum analysis experience of 6 years in an IT capacity, and advanced fluency in written and spoken English will be considered for this role. Please apply with your CV that demonstrates this experience.
Knowledge and experience required
- Proven international experience as an analyst with expertise in eliciting, gathering and drafting clear and implementable requirements, working with use cases, business process modelling or Datamodelling
- Experience in business analysis and business process modelling (BPM)
- Practical experience in the use of requirements management tools
- Experience in Use Cases/UML
- Process analysis and improvement
- Writing formal Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)
- Developing business test scenarios and conducting UAT
- Effective use of modelling tools, requirements management tools and other productivity tools.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering standards and methodologies (IIBA, CBAP, BABOK, PMBOK, SCRUM, Agile or related business analysis qualification recommended)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English: C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEF)
- Basic knowledge of Spanish is desirable
- Strong analytical thinking; problem-solving mindset
- Ability to propose solutions aligned with company strategies
- Fast learner, able to take up analysis tasks quickly in a new domain
- Responsible, self-organised, able to work to tight deadlines proactively in a team
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritise
- Communication skills: excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, able to participate in multilingual meetings and to communicate effectively to all levels of stakeholders
- Interaction skills: facilitation capacity, able to take leadership and influence others
- Team worker, willing to share knowledge as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of working in an international/multicultural environment
- Able to moderate discussions and negotiate effectively to resolve differences
- Excellent command of MS Office tools (ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently and maintain the quality of the analysis service whilst under pressure
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- As a Business Analyst, you'll work within the Analysis Team, helping to manage change and plan for the future in line with company goals
- You will need to understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs in relation to information and software systems
- You will need to demonstrate excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, as you will be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders
- You will also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to incorporate how information technology can support the organisation's needs
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service/function/product provided
- Use Datamodelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- Gain agreement, usually from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business;
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern;
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and present to stakeholders when necessary
- Support the staff and teams in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Manage and produce clear and qualified requirements from unstructured information
- Plan requirements elicitation
- Clarify and prioritise business needs
- Build up the requirements package
- Organise, prioritise, specify and model the requirements
- Validate requirements with stakeholders
- Lead the definition and improvement of standards and best practices; promote requirements reuse
- Manage requirements review and approval cycle
- Provide training to support roll-out (if required)
- Take the lead in defining, maintaining and improving the analysis activities methodology
- Maintain up-to-date system documentation
- Communicate impact of changes to stakeholders
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it may not be possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.