QA Analyst/Software Tester
Posted on Mar 21, 2020 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is seeking a Manual QA Tester for a contract position in Dallas/Fort Worth TX. The initial contract is for 6 months, and will start out remotely. However, we are looking for local area candidates that will be able to go into the office if requested. The selected candidate will be joining a team responsible for the testing initiatives related to a brand-new application. This is a manual testing role with the primary responsibility being to test the application that is being created to ensure everything is working properly, validating the ease of use and the overall functionality of the application. Candidate should have solid understanding of functional and regression testing. Experience with writing SQL for data validation testing is preferred, but not required. Experience with Defect tracking tool, Rally, is preferred. Prior healthcare industry experience a plus as all software being tested is in the clinical/medical domain.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Currently all testing is manual, but experience with automation tool TestCafe is a plus
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with functional, and regression testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL including the ability to read, write, and edit queries is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with defect and bug tracking using one or more software industry bug tracking systems such as HP ALM, JIRA, REMEDY, RALLY etc. (RALLY preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Previous experience working remotely is required.
Nice to have skill:
- If you have experience with TestCafé it will be a nice to have. TestCafe is a node.js tool used to automate end to end testing
Technical Skills: Software Testing, Quality Assurance, Manual Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Defect Tracking, QA Processes