Senior eDiscovery Litigation Support Specialist
Posted on Mar 21, 2020 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is seeking a Sr. eDiscovery Litigation Support Specialist for a permanent position with our client in downtown Chicago. The Sr. eDiscovery Litigation Support Specialist will be responsible for independently coordinating and overseeing all eDiscovery/Relativity related aspects of multiple complex matters as assigned by department management. Individual will serve as the primary point of contact for case team attorneys, paralegals, clients and vendors involved with the case, but may also collaborate with department management to jointly support the needs of individual matters.
- Independently plan and manage all eDiscovery activities associated with assigned matters, serving as the primary case team and client liaison.
- Conduct intake meetings with case teams to determine requirements, schedules, budget concerns, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with case teams to develop eDiscovery service budget estimates and advise on issues affecting costs and timelines.
- Provide strategic advice and tactical support for the following:
- Data preservation
- Data collection, including forensically sound methodologies
- Data processing and culling, including collaborating with case teams on the application of analytical tools and techniques to remove non-relevant material
- Document hosting and review, including database design and the strategic use of analytics to increase efficiency: concept searching/clustering, email threading, near duplicate detection, TAR, etc.
- Document production, including quality control checks and compliance with negotiated specifications
- Work collaboratively with other team members and to meet all project goals.
- Perform quality testing of data deliverables, sent and received, including analysis of database load files, fielded data, images and compliance with specifications.
- Manage all vendor services (if necessary), quality test deliverables and monitor negotiated schedules and budgets.
- Conduct in-house, technical data management activities such as data processing, error analysis and resolution, data manipulation, loading data into database applications, building production subsets, and other database maintenance and administration
- Troubleshoot eDiscovery applications and databases if necessary.
- Maintain defensible records of case work and provide operational briefings to department management.
- Provide significant contribution to the internal development of the eDiscovery department, including collaborating on and documenting best practices and procedures for the use of eDiscovery software systems, reviewing and testing new applications, conducting software training, etc
- Independently plan and manage other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of five years proven eDiscovery project management experience with knowledge of the litigation process from initial filing through trial.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Relativity, including Relativity Processing
- Brainspace and/or other data analytics/technology assisted review tools and methodologies
- Experience with forensic data collection best practices and tools is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to advise all levels of personnel on strategic eDiscovery issues and complex technical concepts.
- Strong organizational/project management skills and attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively in a fast-paced environment, operating under strict deadlines.
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice and ability to travel is necessary.