Process Shift Technician
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Totec Recruitment
Salary: Circa £43,000 per annum (D.O.E.)
Location: Port Talbot
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Process Plant - Gases
Our client is recruiting for the role of Shift Technician in Port Talbot. Reporting to the Shift Manager you will be involved in Plant Operations
The overall objectives of the job are to control production plants to ensure pipeline tonnage customer demands are met, and liquid production is maintained to meet agreed budget targets. As operational needs dictate you will monitor and control plant operations at satellite sites and work in collaboration with the Remote Operating Centre in monitoring & operating plant, improving plant range, flexibility and performance.
You will ensure that all plant operations and associated work is carried out safely to company Standards and Statutory Regulations and act as the Emergency Technician for on and offsite emergencies assisting the Incident Controller with the implementation of Site emergency plans as required.
This challenging role will give you the opportunity to operate a top tier COMAH site with a diverse range of plant and equipment.
- Successful candidates will possess an ONC or HNC in an Engineering discipline
- Experience of a shift team working on a process plant is ideal
- Experience of operating Air Separation Units and associated equipment, Hydrogen plant reformer installations, knowledge of pipeline customer contracts an advantage.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of industry and statutory standards and codes of practice are essential as is a good understanding of current Health, Safety and Environment legislation.
- Knowledge of Permit to Work procedures and other site initiatives (PWIs, safety critical checks etc)
Competitive pay and shift allowance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a World leader in its field and will offer job security as well as further job opportunities for the right person. If you would like to be considered, please send your up to date CV to Totec today or give us a call on to discuss any queries you may have.
All calls are handled with the strictest confidence.