Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Totec Recruitment
Salary: Circa £33k plus shift allowance (23%) (£40590) and overtime
Hours: Full time (3 shift rotation and reasonable overtime which may include weekends).
Our prestigious Tier 2 Automotive client based on the outskirts of Swansea urgently require an experienced, Shift Manager to work within their modern hi-tech manufacturing department.
This is a fantastic long-term career opening giving the rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned company benefiting from a period of sustained growth.
As Shift Manager you will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching your direct reports to become the best they can be.
You will also be responsible for supporting processes, systems, and mechanisms ensuring efficiency and quality through data-driven decision-making and analytical problem-solving.
- To drive a positive culture in Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) within the area and teams.
- Accountable for adherence to all quality systems and standard work procedures.
- Drive production teams to demonstrate world class behaviours and achieve annual objectives.
- Lead and develop a team of team leaders (front-line supervisors) and production operators.
- Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency
- Mentor, train, and develop the team for career progression/performance improvement.
- Monitor and report on daily and weekly performance.
- Proactively identifying and lead process improvement initiatives using Lean methodology, quantitative analysis and data-driven decision making
- Build and deliver productivity plans
- Lead Daily Operational review meetings, Shift Team meetings and briefs
- Conduct detailed end of shift handover with in-coming Shift Operational Lead.
- Partner with other managers to share best practices across shifts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have previous management experience in Automotive, Manufacturing or Production
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance, (Motivate yourself &others).
- Experience in managing front-line supervisors.
- Led or had participated in process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- You enjoy working with numbers and able to use data to provide workable solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday per year, plus statutory. Two shutdowns (2 weeks in summer and a week at Christmas).
For a detailed job description or for more information please call and speak to a member of our experienced team or to apply send your CV to Totec today.
All calls will be handled in strictest confidence and all applications will be progressed promptly.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£37k - £42k Annual
£47.3k - £49.5k Annual
£32.5k - £35k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£42k - £45k Annual
£44k - £45k Annual
£44k - £45k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£41k - £42k Annual