Lead Cybersecurity Architect
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Request Technology
This role can be worked remote.
A prestigious company is on the search for a Lead Cybersecurity Architect. This role is based around designing, implementing, and continuously updating the technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, strategy, and architecture. This role is based around Cloud architecture, infrastructure security applications design, web applications, and container security. For this role they are looking for someone with Python and Java skills. This person needs two years of planning and managing security engagements or leading a team.
- Designs, builds, and provides guidance to a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by specifying requirements for technical security controls for all enterprise information technology development initiatives.
- Develops a capability to design, implement, and continuously update a technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, enterprise technology strategy, enterprise technology architecture and patterns, information security industry best practices, emerging information security technologies, and relevant laws and regulations (eg HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB, and others.)
- Develops a capability to evaluate the architecture and design of existing and proposed information technology systems against the enterprise technical security control requirements model. Enables the organization to identify any gaps between specific technical security requirements and the architecture of a given system and provide detailed technical recommendations on appropriate design or architecture improvements.
- Develops a capability to assist the organizations responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and deployment of technical security controls by providing virtual team resources and knowledge sharing to enterprise information technology development initiatives.
- Develops a capability to verify that the requirements for technical security controls were addressed correctly and that all recommendations were implemented effectively (this includes collecting necessary information, verifying the accuracy of the information, testing the solution, and building an assurance argument).
- Serves as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Identifies security control requirements for technology initiatives and deliver effective and practical solutions to meet those requirements in alignment with the overall objectives of the project and the business.
- Works with Enterprise Architects and other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently and support business objectives.
- Serves as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
- Exercises thought leadership in the creation and maintenance of security architectures/design patterns.
- Develops technical designs for a project to meet information security requirements based on approved security architectures/design patterns.
- Provides resource planning and engagement management.
- Provides service development and improvement.
- Communicates cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Develops strong working relationships with and offers continuous assistance and thought leadership to other leaders in the information technology organization.
- Continuously tracks and reports the status of all capability development and service delivery efforts through boardroom-quality visual communication deliverables.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A strong working understanding of enterprise technologies, operations, and architectural principles and models.
- Knowledge of virtualized data center architectures and operations, SOA-type deployments, web services and multi-tier web applications, and technologies supporting Intranet, Extranet, and remote access services.
- Ability to evaluate disparate IT system architectures and designs in Real Time and recommend appropriate security control and countermeasure solutions.
- A strong working understanding of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- A widely-recognized technical certification such as GIAC or CISSP is strongly preferred.
- A minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in the information security field with expert knowledge of platform, application, storage, data, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
- A minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security engagements and/or leading a team of technical resources. This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.